Found something new at WM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Came across this yesterday. I forgot to take a pic of the back label but just wanted to share. It's not at my local WM, but one I visited. Wonder who makes it? It's obviously pretty salty at nearly $10/qt!

Interesting. The SDS shows that it is made by a blender called Lubrication Technologies in Golden Valley Minnesota. Exmark mowers markets a premium 30w/10w30 synthetic oil that I was told 7 years ago is also made by Lubrication Technologies. Amsoil also markets a 10w/10w30 small engine oil.

The VP Youtube commercial is worth watching:
grin.gif

I gave the Exmark oil a try at my workplace out of curiosity. Here is a UOA that I thought it had sheared a bit more than it should have: https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/2832742/Re:_Exmark_Premium_Oil,_30w-10

Lube Tech is right down the road from me. They blend for a variety of companies.

Originally Posted By: doitmyself
Interesting. The SDS shows that it is made by a blender called Lubrication Technologies in Golden Valley Minnesota. Exmark mowers markets a premium 30w/10w30 synthetic oil that I was told 7 years ago is also made by Lubrication Technologies. Amsoil also markets a 10w/10w30 small engine oil.

The VP Youtube commercial is worth watching:
grin.gif

I gave the Exmark oil a try at my workplace out of curiosity. Here is a UOA that I thought it had sheared a bit more than it should have: https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/2832742/Re:_Exmark_Premium_Oil,_30w-10

Not worth the money at only 18 ounces. The claims are sales gimmicks. I would go with a name brand synthetic if you want a synthetic, you will get more at a lesser price.

Last edited:
Most small engines will last long beyond the steel they are mounted to with an occasional, or none what so ever oil change. What could this possibly do?

Most small engines are made in China these days and you can get a replacement for around a hundred bucks. How much are you spending on oil?

Originally Posted By: OilFilters
Most small engines will last long beyond the steel they are mounted to with an occasional, or none what so ever oil change. What could this possibly do?

Most small engines are made in China these days and you can get a replacement for around a hundred bucks. How much are you spending on oil?

Exactly. Keeping the oil full on small engines is the most important thing. Brand is not really important.

I built a Predator 212cc for a friend's go-kart. It has no governor, different cam, lighter flywheel, billet rod, valves, carb, etc. It revs around 6,000 RPM, which is almost twice the stock rated RPM. His son hammers that kart, and it runs perfect on whatever cheap HDEO they can find.

Originally Posted By: TheLawnRanger
"Quciker" start up is important because most damage occurs at start up.
What damage is that?

Wow... some of you guys need a Xanax or three. I wasn't pushing this, or claiming it's the greatest thing ever, or... I was just sharing what I found. WM is not exactly known for straying from the safe, high-volume path, and I thought it was at least interesting that they are carrying it. I'm not buying it for mine, so... relax
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: CT8
TheLawnRanger said:
"Quciker" start up is important because most damage occurs at start up.
What damage is that? [/quote
Damage to the video editors reputation I guess for not doing a spellcheck.

Originally Posted By: SubieRubyRoo
Wow... some of you guys need a Xanax or three. I wasn't pushing this, or claiming it's the greatest thing ever, or... I was just sharing what I found. WM is not exactly known for straying from the safe, high-volume path, and I thought it was at least interesting that they are carrying it. I'm not buying it for mine, so... relax
smile.gif

That's what I was thinking but it is common on this sight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back