New Detailing Favorite - Blazin' Banana Spray Wax

Status
Not open for further replies.
The full name of the product is actually: Chemical Guys Blazin' Banana Spray Wax Natural Carnauba Spray Gloss.

While I am an admitted Meguiar's product fan, I periodically do check out other products from other car care product companies.

I've used the Chemical Guys Hybrid V7 Optical Select High Gloss Spray Sealant & Quick Detailer product several times and really like it.

Recently, Chemical Guys introduced their Blazin' Banana Spray Wax Natural Carnauba Spray Gloss product.

It's designed to be used after a good car washing...as a short-term (in-between details) quick high-gloss protectant and shine product. In addition to having a slight/soft banana smell (pleasant), it is incredibly easy to apply. The shine and slick surface after using it are outstanding.

A couple of great things about it:

1) Exceptionally easy on/off application - no buffing required
2) Can be used on virtually any exterior surface...including glass, chrome, trim - and no staining
3) It contains actual Carnauba to maximize shine
4) Leaves a clean, "wet"-looking, glossy surface
5) Protects about a month, including UV protection
6) A 16 oz bottle will do about 10-12 full-vehicle applications

Despite remaining a big fan of Chemical Guys Hybrid V07 --- this new product of theirs is now my favorite "after-car-wash-in-between-full-detailing" product.

Enjoy!

WAC21516-2T.jpg

Couple of questions:

1. Does it smell like bananas?

2. How's the bottle? I can't stand a junk spray mechanism - it's one of my issues with Meguiar's sprays, and one of the best things about Griot's - simply the best spray bottles. I usually end up pouring new products in Griot's bottles.

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
Couple of questions:

2. How's the bottle? I can't stand a junk spray mechanism - it's one of my issues with Meguiar's sprays, and one of the best things about Griot's - simply the best spray bottles. I usually end up pouring new products in Griot's bottles.

Great questions!

1) Yes...it has a mild banana smell. Very pleasant.
2) The bottle had no leaks and it sprayed perfectly

One added note - I have actually seen this product (the 16 oz bottle) sold at Walmart this past week. I actually bought that size and a 1/2 gallon container from Chemical Guys directly.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
One has to wonder how many products Chemical Guys really needs to market. Just the number of spray detailers alone is beyond comprehension.

https://www.chemicalguys.com/Quick_Detailers_and_Spray_Wax_s/6.htm

There is so much relabeling going on with car detailing products these days. CG, Adams, Poorboys etc. Most of it is the same stuff.

Have to agree with you on the first point. Have to respectfully disagree on the second point. having used a number of such products (as well as others)...there are clear differences seen in their ease of application, protection and shine results, durability, and even aroma. If you use a number of them...the differences become evident.

I had similar thoughts. Their Hybrid V07 detailing spray is indeed similar in application and durability (V07 lasts longer), but the chemistry is quite different (Blazin' Bananas has real carnauba wax in it for example, but it lasts only about 30 days whereas V07 lasts about 60-90 days). For those of us who regularly wash, spray detail, or even full detail our vehicles...those are important differences. Since I regularly wash and then spray detail my vehicles...at least once every 7-14 days...a 30-day longevity is fine for this kind of product, especially with the great results.

CG is not the only one. PBMG does the same thing with their multiple brands. Blackfire, Pinnacle, McKees, etc.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
CG is not the only one. PBMG does the same thing with their multiple brands. Blackfire, Pinnacle, McKees, etc.

I can believe that.

But having used V07 and Blazin' Bananas on the same vehicle...I can easily tell the later leaves a better shine and slicker surface (not major difference, but noticeable).

The owner of my local hand car wash said (after my recent application) that my SUV exterior finish "looks better than any car they ever see there...except for a show-car-owning-Ferrari" that frequents there every week. I can live with 2nd place in that contest.
grin.gif

Couple of questions:

I thought it was only me! I can't stand when a poorly designed spray bottle leaks on my hand as i try to get the product on the car. For me, Lucas Slick Mist Speed Wax takes top billing for spray waxes. 1. the bottle and 2. the product is really good.

Originally Posted By: wemay
I thought it was only me! I can't stand when a poorly designed spray bottle leaks on my hand as i try to get the product on the car.

Yeah...agree that's a real pain.

So far...I have yet to get any product from Chemical Guys that had that problem.

Originally Posted By: HYUNDAIFAN0001
I thought it was only me! I can't stand when a poorly designed spray bottle leaks on my hand as i try to get the product on the car.

Yeah...agree that's a real pain.

So far...I have yet to get any product from Chemical Guys that had that problem.

Good news. That bottle looks cool too.

I thought it was only me! I can't stand when a poorly designed spray bottle leaks on my hand as i try to get the product on the car. For me, Lucas Slick Mist Speed Wax takes top billing for spray waxes. 1. the bottle and 2. the product is really good.

You can buy Griot's sprayers directly from them reasonably priced, too. Worth every penny.

Finest Sprayer IV

Originally Posted By: Warstud
NuFinish smells better.

Is Nu Finish a spray wax?

What's up with all the NF trolling lately?

No kidding...pathetic actually.

Almost makes one wonder what harm can come from sniffing the stuff in the orange bottle.

You can buy Griot's sprayers directly from them reasonably priced, too. Worth every penny.

Finest Sprayer IV

Always been interested in Griot... i will check it out. Same thing goes for 303. I use VLR in the inferior.

What's especially nice about this product is that since it's so fast and easy to apply...using this regularly sustains some wonderful results...well worth the $0.40 per full-vehicle application (based on the 1/2 gallon pricing). As for the bottles...the 16 oz product bottles work perfectly...but I also have several 32 oz. new/empty reusable bottles that I've used before (work very well) that cost $0.96 at Walmart.

Dh3CAR_VQAAK1R_.jpg

WOW - got a heavy rain last night...this morning the SUV still looks like I just waxed it. Last night during the rainfall while driving...both the windshield and rest of the exterior had the water just rushing off quickly. Really impressed with this stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back