Would MOS2 or Lubegard Biotech coke up on Turbo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically my Volvo XC60 has a turbo and I believe it's using oil to cool it. Currently the car is running Synthetic Castrol Edge 5w30 but I want to make certain that the engine and turbo gets some nice tender love and care so I am thinking of adding LiquidMoly MOS2 (half can) and Lubegard Biotech 8oz to the oil. But my question is: Will those additives coke up/ gum up on the turbo blades when the car is turn off while the turbo is still hot? I know that was the issue with conventional oils and synthetics have solved that problem. However, I don't know if those additives mentioned above are with synthetic or conventional base and I don't know if they have a tendency to gum up when expose to high temperatures of the turbo (and not flowing).

Thanks!

And before anyone asks what problem I am trying to fix....I will just say that I want to prolong the engine life and it makes me feel good.

Why not call or shoot both companies an email? You'll get the answer straight from the horse's mouth, vs. a lot of opinions. I had good luck asking the LG people questions.

Originally Posted By: tempnexus
Will those additives coke up/ gum up on the turbo blades when the car is turn off while the turbo is still hot?

Turbo blades?
confused2.gif

Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy
Originally Posted By: tempnexus
Will those additives coke up/ gum up on the turbo blades when the car is turn off while the turbo is still hot?

Turbo blades?
confused2.gif

Sorry I mean the Turbo Journals but honestly blades might also come into play if there is oil blowby since the turbo uses exhaust gases, so if there is some oil in those gases then it will eventually deposit on hot blades.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Why not call or shoot both companies an email? You'll get the answer straight from the horse's mouth, vs. a lot of opinions. I had good luck asking the LG people questions.

Do you use it demar?

Originally Posted By: Zee09

Do you use it demar?

Yes, I have used Biotech Engine Protectant, and MoS2. After seeing pictures Trav posted from his oil pan drop I stopped using MoS2. In vehicles that sit for long periods of time, a few weeks or more it falls out of suspension and collects in the bottom of the oil pan. His pictures and some discussion he and I had was reason enough to stop using it.

I haven't used anything for many years.
I used to and always felt that the volume of product they suggest you use
was too much like LM.

Now, I don't want anything in my oil. Just good solid oil! Thanks.

I haven't used anything for many years.
I used to and always felt that the volume of product they suggest you use
was too much like LM.

Now, I don't want anything in my oil. Just good solid oil! Thanks.

Nothing wrong with that!

I would just use a full syn dexos 1 gen 2,HTO-6 oil

Pennzoil platinum ticks all those boxes(and more)is $22.xx at walmart for 5qts and
there is a 10$ rebate--new rebate starting july.

I see no need to water it down with additives.

Do you use it demar?

Yes, I have used Biotech Engine Protectant, and MoS2. After seeing pictures Trav posted from his oil pan drop I stopped using MoS2. In vehicles that sit for long periods of time, a few weeks or more it falls out of suspension and collects in the bottom of the oil pan. His pictures and some discussion he and I had was reason enough to stop using it.

I thought it was Ceratec that fell out of suspension?

Originally Posted By: 123Saab

I had MOS2 mixed into a bunch of random leftovers that I used for top-up.

At the end of the leftovers, it looked like all the MOS2 was at the bottom of the jug. I shook it before every use.

Do you use it demar?

Can we get a link to that discussion?

Biotech is ester-based, and yes, Lubegard was very responsive (as much as can be expected without divulging secrets) when I contacted them.

I have a VOA of Lubegard Heavy Duty Engine Protectant (identical to Biotech) in the VOA section. LG confirms the formulae are identical in emails in the thread.

Originally Posted By: Rand
I would just use a full syn dexos 1 gen 2,HTO-6 oil

Pennzoil platinum ticks all those boxes(and more)is $22.xx at walmart for 5qts and
there is a 10$ rebate--new rebate starting july.

I see no need to water it down with additives.

Agreed!

Originally Posted By: 123Saab

Do you use it demar?

Both for Trav. Ceratec in an air compressor motor and MoS2 in his car engine.

Originally Posted By: turtlevette

Do you use it demar?

Can we get a link to that discussion?

I'll shoot him a message. Maybe he has it book marked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back