2006 Mazda 3 Cruise control not engaging

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Cruise control will not engage after I drive for about 5 minutes. It works when I first start out. I make a few stops and then try to engage the cruise and it won't work. I suspect it has something to do with something heating up, like a switch. Any thoughts?

I mean, sounds like you diagnosed the issue yourself. Lol.

My 2001 Celica GTS cruise works only during the day. Once the lights are on, cruise control won't engage. Go figure.

The cruse control disengages after you hit the brakes. It is possible that the switch or ? is not releasing after you put the brakes on. Ed

Thank you for your responses...

I changed the Brake Light Switch, does the same as before. Took the negative battery cable off for over 30 minutes, no change. Hooked up a code reader, no faults listed. I think it has something to do with heating up a switch, maybe the cruise control main box, or something like that.

The Cruise Control on/off light always comes on when I push the button. After the car sits for about an hour, the cruise control works normal. When you push the set button the cruise engage light will come on just like it should. It will engage and disengage several times over the next 5 to 10 minutes, then that's it, it will not work again until the car sits again for awhile. That is why I think it is heat related. Remarks are welcome...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back