BMW Window Regulators

Status
Not open for further replies.
My friend has a 2002 320i with a kaput passenger side window regulator.

What are good replacements? I see VDO can be had for about $120.

VDO may be the OEM for that car, I think they are for my old E34. I see Husker has the BMW regulator for $125 (assuming I picked the correct model you have), so $120 for the VDO unit seems about right.

My car ate all four regulators eventually, there is a plastic bushing that cracks and can't be replaced apart from the entire regulator. I once tried a cheapo unit from Rock Auto that didn't last long. Considering how difficult it can be to replace them I wouldn't cheap out but that's just me.

i have put 2 of the $20 window regulators in our 02 330i . one i got off of amazon and the other ebay . they work just fine and are still working. even if it broke they are not that hard to replace. i think i did mine in about an hour. they fit just fine

Check out FCPEuro.com. Free unconditional lifetime replacement on everything they sell, including OE and OEM parts.

The VDO units work very well but regardless of what you use make sure to clean and lubricate the windows channels with silicone grease while its apart, it makes a night and day difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back