Vehicle color combos - what's you favorite?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Blue (a colour I like on a vehicle) has the lowest resale value of identically-equipped cars.

Red has the highest rate of traffic tickets as it's a colour that humans (and probably all mammals) instinctively are alert to (colour of blood, etc). Cops being human, you get noticed in a crowd of other coloured vehicles, or alone.

On the other hand I prefer Red on the Miata, as I want to be seen by other drivers in traffic. I don't normally get tickets (I've had two, and both were semi-bogus circumstances, although by the strict letter of the law, I was guilty. The Judge gave me a penalty reduction both times, though).

Reading the OP, I thought he was referring to two-tone paint, which I still like on almost any vehicle. Interiors? Black is fine, anything not too garish is fine, so no Red for me. I don't mind Tan if it's all leather, but I don't like leather on seating. Everywhere else, I'm OK with.

B5 blue is my favorite color, but my wife's combination is my all time favorite for interior/exterior. Her 2010 Mustang GT has dark blue paint with a light tan leather interior.

Silver and black 2 tone looked good. Except for the fact the black was a total PITA to keep clean. I never much cared for the lettering, but it was uncommon and unique. (It was the first and the last black car I will ever own).

I dislike red for the most part, but love white over black interior. My all time favorite combo was from the E39 M5, Le Mans Blue over Caramel leather. Still trying to find one with this combo for a decent price!
1zogcqu.jpg

I'm partial to burgundy/dark red exteriors. All of my cars/trucks have been burgundy/dark red, except one. It was a dark blue, which worked fine. The price that I bought it for was way too good to pass up.

Prefer a dark grey or charcoal colored interior... not black. The interior color in my 2004 Silverado is prefect.

My last few have been black/black, but my GLC is white/black. My all time favorite was my 1996 LT4 Corvette with green/tan (wish I still had it).

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
blue cars with red interiors are awesome
smile.gif

Yes!

A while back, Adam Carolla was discussing his Miura restification. It wasn't a faithful restoration. It was being converted to SV styling, so he took some liberties with the interior and exterior colors: Blue exterior with red interior. When I first heard him tell, I was a little disgusted.

A photo changed my mind:

17a-adam-carolla-garage.jpg

My favorite is what I have now. White diamond pearl with beige leather interior.

Hunter green/saddle
A punchy blue/cream
White/white (limited applications)

The red and blue interiors make me think of '60's - '70's GM cars (rolling living rooms)

Cracked red leather interiors reminiscent of '60's Jaguars--no thanks, too dated.

Fell in love with grey interiors back when VW and others were showing us how to do it.

HATE "oak" or other bland yellow interiors.

Fire Engine red/red & white accented interior

Hate grayish cars that blend into the asphalt in the rear views. Prompted a color bias, I have never had. Lachsilber over Cardinal leather. Darkish silver/brick red for you plebes, very nice Same over dark blue cloth outstanding. Current Camrys are: SE Navy metallic over brownish grey fuzz/ White over same fuzz in the SE.

Originally Posted By: Audios
I dislike red for the most part, but love white over black interior. My all time favorite combo was from the E39 M5, Le Mans Blue over Caramel leather. Still trying to find one with this combo for a decent price!
1zogcqu.jpg

That IS a nice combo
thumbsup2.gif

Silver exterior, grey interior. No other choice for me. Been like this since 17, now 44.

Silver because it shows great, and grey because it goes with silver. Plus grey is not beige, beige interiors on any car make me cringe. Black interiors get too hot and show dirt/lint too easily also.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
I'm partial to burgundy/dark red exteriors.

My burgundy 83 benz has faded to a brownish mess. It's not so much a natural color as a "my camera white balance has broken" pigment.

90's Ford trucks with green over tan look sharp. And I love me a red interior-- leather, vinyl, or [censored]-house cloth. Best done with red dash, carpet, headliner, trim, etc.
laugh.gif

1983_mercury_capri-pic-4612261597495196183-640x480.jpeg

17853848.jpg

The brightest red possible!! One of my favorite cars was my Caracas Red with black leather 3000GT:

Black or metallic black outside, anything but solid black interior. There are some interesting two-tone interiors out there...VW has a sort of caramel color on some new cars, but it's just the seat faces, the rest of the interior is still black. GM was doing sort of ad ark gray and terra cotta two tone interior in some SUVs for a while that was pretty.

BMW had the right idea back in the 80s...even a black interior had medium gray carpet, which didn't show dirt as readily as black carpet would have.

Even in a dark interior, I like a light colored headliner to break-up the expanse of dark materials.

I had to factory order my Corvette to get it in the unique color combo I wanted, which was bright red with the light gray interior. It's a rare combo but I think it looks fantastic!

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Originally Posted By: Audios
1zogcqu.jpg

That IS a nice combo
thumbsup2.gif

Have nearly the same in my e36. Different names though. It looks good and holds up nicely in style and cleanliness. Still driving it. Had the e34 with Avus blue over silver grey interior. Looked nice for a few years but impossible to stay clean.
Black over black always looks nice but miserable to live with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back