Virgin high ad pack means lower group oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Synthetic virgin sample with a higher ad pack would mean it is a lower group oil (more by %) and they just added stuff to make it meet certification requirements? I'm talking off the shelf oils, not posh oils.

For example, O'reilly full syn has a stronger ad package than Mobil 1 syn. Virgin oil samples from Blackstone.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Vern_in_IL
A Synthetic virgin sample with a higher ad pack would mean it is a lower group oil (more by %) and they just added stuff to make it meet certification requirements? I'm talking off the shelf oils, not posh oils.

For example, O'reilly full syn has a stronger ad package than Mobil 1 syn. Virgin oil samples from Blackstone.

What do you mean by:

Higher Add pack

Stronger ad package?

I thought better of the response I was writing.

33.gif

As many users on here have pointed out. A 28.00 Blackstone Lab Analysis does not show everything. In addition to different calibrations etc. Heck, I read that certain test are performed differently outside North America, concerning oil related research.

Respectfully,

Pajero!

I think I understand what the OP is trying to say.
When I first came to BITOG, Valvoline (dino) was panned for having a weak additive package....and yet it produced very good UOAs...the assumption was that it used excellent base oils and didn't need as much additives.

Well aside from the previous questions still with pending answers; if it is "synthetic" it should only be combinations of group III and above, so what do you mean by "lower group oil"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back