2018 Mustang

Status
Not open for further replies.

Got this yesterday. New 2018 GT Premium 5.0 10 speed auto and love it. I traded my 16 Challenger for it because there were several things I didn't like about it and Ford offered me a better deal than I ever expected along with an additional 1K for veterans discount. I love this car and now there are 3 in the household. It will be my wife's primary driver and I will take over her 2010 GT. I'll post more pics but the car isn't here right now lol. I kind of surprised her as she is going through the breast cancer battle and IMO deserved it.

Congrats!

Just curious, what were the things you did not like about Challenger that the Mustang got right?

All the best to your wife.

I hope she gets better soon
thumbsup2.gif

Yes! Congratulations! Love it. Sorry your wife is going through that.

I got mine in May. Same model as yours except oxford white.

The 10 speed automatic makes the whole car, to me at least. I've been driving manuals for 20 years. I was hooked on this 10 speed after the test drive. It has about 3 or 4 personalities. Line lock burnout? Check. Aggressive rev-match downshift in sport mode? Check. Chirps the tires on shifts in drag mode? Check. Silky smooth shifts in normal mode for date night? Check.

I dd 100 miles 5 days a week. I just hit 4500 miles. I still cannot believe how fast these cars are. My last car was a 250 hp Focus ST and my dad drives a 400 hp 911S so I know what an overpowered car feels like. I was still blown away the first time I floored the Mustang. Be ready for it when you do lol

Want to know the craziest part? It gets the same mpg on the highway as my Focus ST did. 27-28 mpg on my work commute going 75. And the ST needed premium to run right. The Mustang doesn't care either way.

I keep telling people get one while you can! These V8 powertrains won't be around very long. I think this is the last great run of V8s. Its already confirmed the next gen Mustang is going to be a hybrid and Ford won't even say whether the V8 will still be available.

Last edited:
Congratulations - it is an awesome vehicle - stick or manual. What all did you get?

And most importantly best wishes for your wife for a quick recovery.

Take the dealer sticker off the back of it. You would think one dealer ad on the back would be sufficient with the plate holder. Also time to edit your signature.

Very nice! I bet that 10 speed automatic makes it a lot of fun! I know with the 8 speed automatic in my Corvette it's got so many ratios that there are no dead spots at all in the powerband. I can't even imagine going back to a 4 speed automatic like I had in my 98 Corvette.

Just curious. How did you manage to get a plate on a brand new car in one day? Here in Arizona, (and in Illinois when I lived there), you could not transfer an already issued plate to another car. Regardless of how old or new it is / was. New plate applications take 4 to 6 weeks to process. Until then you get a temporary dealer issued tag that looks like this.

Mustangs are the best of the modern retro muscle's. Period.

Great deal, and very good move dumping the Challenger ... just my opinion but those things are dog butt ugly. Plus, Mustangs race circles around them.

Originally Posted By: billt460
Just curious. How did you manage to get a plate on a brand new car in one day? Here in Arizona, (and in Illinois when I lived there), you could not transfer an already issued plate to another car. Regardless of how old or new it is / was. New plate applications take 4 to 6 weeks to process. Until then you get a temporary dealer issued tag that looks like this.

I bought my '16 VW GSW used in another state(WI):
I went to the IL DMV facility, paid the IL state sales taxes, completed paperwork, paid the registration and walked out with new plates. About 1 hour, early in the morning....

That's a very loving gesture you did for your wife. Bravo. Hope she does well with her health issues.

Great looking car too.

Originally Posted By: pandus13
.....I went to the IL DMV facility, paid the IL state sales taxes, completed paperwork, paid the registration and walked out with new plates. About 1 hour, early in the morning....

I know you can get them over the counter at the DMV if you drive there. But I have never heard of a dealer issuing them right from the dealership on a new car purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back