Archoil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I’ve looked up archoil after hearing it on here. I’ve searched and didn’t find too much.

There’s a fuel treatment and oil treatment.

It seems that the fuel treatment is similar to Seafoam based on the msds.

Are they effective and when would one want to use the oil additive?

Thanks

If you have a Powerstroke diesel, use it.

Otherwise, if you're going to add something to the oil, check out Lubegard Biotech/HD Engine Protectant. It's ester based. I have a VOA on the board here.

I can only post a neutral on the diesel fuel treatment. Did not help or hurt. I use one of the well known diesel fuel treatments truckers use.

Did not try the oil treatment. But feel synthetic oil has all the additives my engine requires.

I recently purchased some Archoil 9100 (oil additive).

I bought it for these reasons:
#1.) It contains a proven Anti-Wear technology that I believe will help combat the short-tripping in my Silverado 3500
#2.) It's a kick in the pants for any oil's TBN. Adding this to your oil will boost your TBN greatly, enhancing your oil's ability to neutralize acidic byproducts of combustion
#3.) It uses a true synthetic (ester) base oil and with other components, provides additional cleaning properties

I've never seen any UOA that showed reduced wear with 9100. I think Blackstone made a comment in one UOA that they had never seen proof of it working either.

WTH $42 for a pint of this stuff??? That is nuts!

I thought this stuff was metastable boric acid in an oil/ester, to be precipitated into boric oxide platelets at metal surfaces. Could never really confirm, but tickled my interest.

I'm not sure in other applications but it has an almost cult-like following in the 6.0 Powerstroke world. It just plain works if you have injector stiction, not sure how or why it does but it works!

Originally Posted By: racin4ds
I'm not sure in other applications but it has an almost cult-like following in the 6.0 Powerstroke world. It just plain works if you have injector stiction, not sure how or why it does but it works!

Did wonders when I had a 2006 F250 6.0L diesel. I had very bad stiction and the first time I added it there was a very noticeable difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back