Take the refund or let negative feedback stand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kestas

Staff member
I decided to replace the shaver blades for my Norelco rotary triple head shaver. They cost $30 from Norelco. I opted to buy the chinese knock-offs for $4, delivered to my door.

When I got them and put them in service, they did a horrible job of cutting and hurt my face like a son-of-a-gun. Close examination shows the blades omitted the second plane of cutters, the ones that are supposed to lift the hairs. This is despite the fact their listing shows this second plane in the pictures.

So I left them negative feedback. I told them I wouldn't be returning the product because it's not worth it. The offered me a refund if I would rescind the negative feedback. I'm tempted to let the feedback stand, as a warning to the next guy, and to spite the seller/scammer. What would you do?

As I see it, they probably sell a lot of these knock-offs to unsuspecting folk and make good money doing so. But every once in a while they run into someone like me, who actually looks at things close up for a living. They probably pay these people off to keep them quiet, so they can continue scamming others.

Let it stand. If more people take a stance and give honest feedback, the quality will improve and the cost shouldn't go up that much.

+1 on letting stand. The point of these reviews is to provide honest feedback, good or bad. Providing a refund should not be contingent on withdrawing a negative review.

Let it stand. You'll be helping the people behind you who look at their misleading marketing and buy the product expecting it to be as they describe it. Feedback like that is what online retail SHOULD be all about.

id agree, leave it as a warning and trying to cut corners is not a good way to do business. Now everyone that orders anyway will at least look at that second blade, and their returns will instantly go up

I'd want the refund and tell them you will consider revising it. Then if you revise the review it can say something along the lines of the product was cheap junk but they did give a refund. The review should be accurate AND you should get the refund is the bottom line.

Let it stand.

I got the backup camera. While the camera works as one would expect for $30, there are a few issues, I didn't like. So I left a 4-star review. The seller wanted me to up it to 5 stars and get something else from his store for free. I refused. Suddenly, the item I wanted went out of stock but the review stated 4-stars. I wanted to leave this point in the review too, but then it would be little too much for me, so I didn't leave it but at the first anniversary of the product I will 'update' the review.

For $4 let it stand, you'll be doing people a favor steering them away from that garbage.

Update the review with a screenshot of their attempt to buy you off for $4
whistle.gif

Take the money and leave a positive review. Like if you love a horrible cut and like a painful face, this is a great blade for that.

Not trying to be "that guy", but did you really think the $4 Chinese knock-offs would be comparable to the real thing?

To answer your question...the price you paid to find out isn't much so I would let the review stand.

For $4, let the feedback stand and if possible, update your feedback to indicate they tried to buy your feedback. All of that helps others...

Although in this case, buying something for $4 and expecting it to perform like the $30 item may be a case of sometimes you get what you pay for...

Originally Posted By: RF Overlord
Not trying to be "that guy", but did you really think the $4 Chinese knock-offs would be comparable to the real thing?

When the pic showed two blades and the product had one, that's an important, material difference.

In fact you could consider these single-bladed blades "not the product you ordered" and demand they pay return shipping. They of course are hoping that nobody would make this return-- which, with postal rates what they are, means these little trinkets have such rip-off potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back