Need a specific electrical outlet faceplate

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am looking for this particular electrical outlet faceplate in white. The usual sources - HD, Lowe’s, etc have been unsuccessful. Any recommendations?

Thanks.

https://www.amazon.com/Leviton-88008-Com...ver+blank+plate

31BHn2n66mL.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you very much! I guess I just wasn’t using the correct terminology to search.

I ended up searching by the brand/part # and purchased on Platt.com

Home Depot should have the plates that snap together so you can make your own configuration if you want to buy locally.

I have one similar to that, except it has a hole for a toggle switch instead of an outlet. I had to special order it online, don't remember which website though. The box originally had two toggle switches in my laundry room. One switch operated the lights, the other switch didn't do anything. After a lot of troubleshooting, I finally figured out that the wire hooked up to the switch was just hanging down inside the wall, not connected to anything. (yes, it was live)
crazy2.gif
I believe it was originally intended for some sort of vanity light that was never installed (there's plumbing stubbed out for a sink/vanity, but that was also never installed). I repurposed the wire by installing a new outlet where the wire was hanging and I eliminated the switch, hence the need for that goofy faceplate. I did a box fill calculation and the box was actually overfilled with the second switch installed anyway, now with the switch removed it's not overfilled and up to code.
01.gif

Originally Posted By: zzyzzx
It probably would have been cheaper to just go to your local electrical supply house then pay postage on that.

It's ...like $4.25 and i'm assuming he got it for less on his web site. Arrives in 2 days on amazon prime. Sometimes time and driving( $2.70 a gallon) is not worth it. Just ordering and it comes to your door for the buck you might save.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: spasm3
Originally Posted By: zzyzzx
It probably would have been cheaper to just go to your local electrical supply house then pay postage on that.

It's ...like $4.25 and i'm assuming he got it for less on his web site. Arrives in 2 days on amazon prime. Sometimes time and driving( $2.70 a gallon) is not worth it. Just ordering and it comes to your door for the buck you might save.

I googled and found the same plate on Platt.com for $2.55/ea. I ordered 10, and paid $7 to have them 2-day shipped to me. Gas is about $3.75/gal here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back