Maintenance stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering what stands you guys are using when you work on your bikes. Since I started riding again, I find myself working on the bike about once a week and flipping it over on the floor isn't as back or knee friendly as it once was. I looked them up and found so many types and prices that my head is still spinning. I'm even thinking about going the cheap route and making an arm that can clamp to my shop work table and hold the bike at comfortable height. Thoughts?

I was on the phone before when I linked that. Now I can type a reply. I have a couple of these Feedback stands. They have a nice, wide footprint so they work well with my XL fat and 29+ bikes. Clamp is nice and strong. They fold down pretty compact as well so I usually keep one in my Suburban.
I had a Classic and liked it so much I also got a Pro Elite.

Last edited:
My son and I each have a Nashbar stand. They run about 100 bucks and seem sturdy enough for regular maintenance on our road and mountain bikes. Maybe if I was tapping a bottom bracket I'd be concerned about the strength.

Thanks guys. Looks like Jeff has a nice stand that he's making me a good deal on, so my search is over. Turns out we're only about 20 miles apart.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: oilboy123
What size pipe did you use? I thought of making my own as well.
Originally Posted By: Jimkobb
I made my own from plumbing pipe attached to a a 2x4 base.

I used 3/4" black pipe with it screwed into a floor stand and then an elbow at the top with a short pipe coming off that. The pipe at the top has another floor stand screwed onto it and a board on that with a couple hooks to hold the top bar of the bike.

Bought a park tool home mechanic stand years back before I left the shop. Not as nice as the HD units we had there but it works well enough. I’d like one of their nice HD wall mount clamps but this does just fine. Built a couple bikes on it and have repaired many more.

I have a Park Tool PCS-10, which is their home mechanic stand. It will hold any of my bikes, including the tandem. It does make it much easier to work on bikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back