Which oils do you want, but they don't make ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SR5

Which PCMO oils do you want, but they don't make ?

I'll start....how about a Dexos 10W30 for us GM guys that live in a warm climate.

Free ones!
grin.gif

But seriously I think there is enough not free ones out there already.

I guess to play the game though I reckon they need an oil which is a game changer. Tough enough that a hammer blow would not get through it onto steel plate and last long enough for a long OCI, with change to spare and at SAE 0wt. All for less than $5 per litre.
13.gif

Originally Posted By: Kira
Any of the SN synthetics members here repeatedly claim to find at $1 per quart.

$1, whaaaat, that much?

On my last score, I bought 20 something qts of QSUD for .75/qt! I bought up two shelves of 5W20/5W30. ATMOF, I practically hurt myself sweeping it off the shelves so fast & into my shopping cart that I though I tore my rotator cuff...

...JUST KIDDING, I didn't get hurt!
laugh.gif

Yeah I agree. I too look for those $1-$2/qt synthetic oils as you mentioned and I sometimes get a good score. However, I am not looking for anything special except for buying oils that my vehicles & equipment require as inexpensively as possible.

I have actually gotten free oil after multiple rebates/sales combos ect. Not just FREE After Rebate, I actually made a few bucks. Very Rare!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Shannow
Dexos 2 10W30...

Originally Posted By: Kamele0N
Synthetic 20w50 or 20w40 HDEO....

Originally Posted By: Kira
Any of the SN synthetics members here repeatedly claim to find at $1 per quart.

*Starts snapping fingers in agreement*

Last edited:
I'd love to see the green formula GC 0w30 make a comeback, with some new tweaks to make it pass more current specs of course.

Originally Posted By: BrocLuno
20W-40 semi-syn with 1,000 PPM Z & P and low NOACK. But Quicksilver 25W-40 does well enough, so ...

Interesting choice, here in Spain a company called Cepsa makes a 20W-40 PCMO that i think is API SF or something, i had a look some weeks ago and the jugs were dated as manufactured March 18 so it's not some ancient stuff that's abandoned on the shelf, probably has 1000ppm or more of z&p

Originally Posted By: mx5miata
Conventional 0w20. No need for synthetic in a lease

But why the need for a conventional 0w20 when you're running NAPA synthetic 0w20 that you can often find priced just as low as conventional?

Originally Posted By: Patman

But why the need for a conventional 0w20 when you're running NAPA synthetic 0w20 that you can often find priced just as low as conventional?

or ST 0w-20 for that matter

Originally Posted By: SOHCman
Originally Posted By: Patman

or ST 0w-20 for that matter

M1 0W20 AFE and PP 0W20 are quite cheap per quart when there's a rebate...got two rebates from XOM in less than three weeks from online submission for each.

Originally Posted By: SR5
Which PCMO oils do you want, but they don't make ?

I'll start....how about a Dexos 10W30 for us GM guys that live in a warm climate.

How about a low NOACK 10w20 for warm weather 20 weight applications...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back