Maxlife vs Dex 6 for Silverado transfer case

Status
Not open for further replies.
I plan on changing the transfer case fluid on my 2014 Silverado this weekend. Spec is 2 quarts of Dex 6. I have a few gallons of Maxlife. Should I just spend the $10 and grab 2 quarts of SuperTech Dex 6 or possibly Valvoline Dex 6 or just pump 2 quarts of Maxlife in there?

Thanks.

On the older models such as mine, 2002, been using Mobil 1 10w30 for 15 years. Many of us GM guys are using motor oil. Mike L of Lynwood transmissions strongly suggests synthetic motor oil due to evaporation.

I don't know if they updated and fixed the pump rub problem the older models have, you might check and see if they sell a kit "plate" to alleviate wear thru of the transfer case housing.

eta; its been fixed 2008. Does not apply to your T case.

High quality (not that Maxlife isn’t but it’s all over the place from a viscosity standpoint) ATF spewed for DexVI is readily available. Common sense dictates sticking with a DexVI spewed fluid like M1.

Originally Posted By: MaximaGuy
High quality (not that Maxlife isn’t but it’s all over the place from a viscosity standpoint) ATF spewed for DexVI is readily available. Common sense dictates sticking with a DexVI spewed fluid like M1.

I kinda go with this. And I used Maxlife in a Nissan Matic type application for years (2010 Armada).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back