Is the Fram OCOD going to be the new Tough Guard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
With a silicon ADBV and improved efficiency, plus advertising longer performance, is Fram pushing the orange can in the direction of the Tough Guard? Maybe they'll drop the TG and give the OCOD the 10k mile rating and just have the two filters, OCOD and XG to simplify things a bit. Sorta like WIX does, just the standard WIX and the XP makes it easier for the consumer to decide. What is the general consensus here? I'm a devout fan of the TG but if the OCOD turns out to be just as good, I'll probably just go with that from now on and save a few bucks. Orange can of delight, mind you! I like the Ultra fine as well, but find it overkill for my mere 7500 mile OCI on the Tacoma since it is capable of going triple that mileage.

Around the time the silicone orange cans were first announced, Motorking said the TG is here to stay
smile.gif

My Walmart has the re-engineered Tough guards, designated with the word "new" on the box.

Based on what?
Vast majority of people aren't going to buy or need what BITOG fanatics consider to be necessary.

Originally Posted By: Zee09
I'd dump both.
The Ultra would be even cheaper and I see no real value in second and third tier
products. Build the best and sell the best.

Originally Posted By: Zee09
I'd dump both.
The Ultra would be even cheaper and I see no real value in second and third tier
products. Build the best and sell the best.

Good, better, best.
Most all product lines have these options to cover all cost/quality ranges.

You make more money that way.

I thought the OCOD was for normal OCIs and the others were for extended/multiple OCIs.
We can't just be happy with a entry level filter with a silicone ADBV, someone has to play CEO and ruin it for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back