Eye Problems update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
they did the right eye this AM at 8:30, no problems or pain, just got home and feel great,right eye vision very good and they say it will get even better in a few days.
Thank god for modern medicine, it was a complete success, the 23rd July the right eye and its all done.

Thanks guys for all your support, your the best! And the blind shall see! LOL

Last edited:
I guess I missed some earlier posts on this topic, is this for cataracts?

My dad had this done not long before he retired and all went well, but he thought his doctor's direction to avoid lifting anything heavy for a couple of weeks was a bunch of [censored] at first.
He changed his mind after he went to pick up a full gallon of milk and felt a sharp pain in his eye...he was very careful after that.

Best of luck with your recovery!

smile.gif

Welcome to the club. At 87 years of age, just had both cataracts removed . Left in May and right on 20th June. Could not believe the vision I have been missing. It's like I have a new TV an computer monitor. Oops, looks like there is a female fly in here. ( joke )
Good Health to you Trav.

Very, very good Trav...

I wasn't quite so fortunate. I went from 20/20 vision in my one and 10/ something in the other and in 4 days I lost my left eye all the way to 20/1000. I have zero vision in my left eye. My left eye only got back to 20/100. But still way better obviously. No real corrective work could be done due to my circumstance being related to optic nerve damage. The human body is quite resilient at times.. my good eye has taken over my field of vision to where I really don't notice a deficit anymore. But I have had times in the last number of years where I got to where my right eye was affected as well. I could not even read the big interstate signs on the way home. Everyday I can see well... Is a good day.

I know how good you have to feel today. And I am very grateful that you are doing so good.

Take care of yourself Trav.

In at 6:00 AM and having biscuits with gravy and sausage at 9:30. That IV they use is wonderful stuff. Waiting for procedure to begin and next thing you know, you are in the recovery area. Glad things worked out for you. I am having other eye done soon. We have another ophthalmologist in our city so scheduling won't be so far out.Cataract surgery is big $$$ in an aging population.

Good to hear, but give it 3 months before really calling it good. About 12 months is when everything's settled. (But, enjoy this time.)

Originally Posted By: Trav
they did the right eye this AM at 8:30, no problems or pain, just got home and feel great,right eye vision very good and they say it will get even better in a few days.
Thank god for modern medicine, it was a complete success, the 23rd July the right eye and its all done.

Thanks guys for all your support, your the best! And the blind shall see! LOL

Praying for your health and fast recovery
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back