FP Plus revisited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years ago when I first got on board here, 2004, the hot thing was a gas additive called FP60. I tried it and it did a wonderful job of smoothing out the idle of the cars I put it in. Last week I decided to get some of the new product called Fuel Power Plus. It looks and smells just as I remembered. I put it in 4 vehicles. A 2017 Ram 1500 5.7, 2005 Mustang Gt with after market supercharger and long tube headers, 2018 Camry, and 2015 Honda Fit. Both with base engines. All four vehicles are in very good working condition to begin with, but all of them did see an improvement to smoothness of idle within a half tank of use. I do not know if this stuff actually cleans the way it claims, but it does make a smooth running engine.

I don't know, a 2018 Camry, a 2015 Fit, 2017 Ram... those should all have super smooth idles, how much smoother can it get?

I guarantee that "smoothness" is all in your head due to the price you paid for the product. If it actually did what it claims, why doesn't the EPA require this in all fuel? Why don't certain manufacturers require it's use to meet CAFE requirements instead of spending millions on new engine technology that is higher maintenance? They spend literally millions to gain .5 MPG. You think they never heard of LC?

Originally Posted By: OilFilters
I guarantee that "smoothness" is all in your head due to the price you paid for the product. If it actually did what it claims, why doesn't the EPA require this in all fuel? Why don't certain manufacturers require it's use to meet CAFE requirements instead of spending millions on new engine technology that is higher maintenance? They spend literally millions to gain .5 MPG. You think they never heard of LC?

We get it dude, you don't like the product. Give it up.

Originally Posted By: Marco Esquandoles

We get it dude, you don't like the product. Give it up.

And you apparently put it on your breakfast. Does that make your opinion more important than mine?

Most cars run better after a wash or an oil change, also...

I don't put it on my breakfast for sure, but I use it now and then.

I'm not sure why you have such a hard on about LC. Why doesn't the government mandate it if it's so good? Wouldn't that apply to any/all gas/oil additives and their claims if that were the case? I guess we need MMO, LC, BGK, Amsoil, Lucas etc in one big mix ?

Uh-Oh! Another Grudge-Match.

In this corner is long-time critic and self-proclaimed expert on LCD products - OilFilter.

In the opposite corner is the small independent company - LCD.

Ring the Bell.

Last edited:
I will wager my bet every time on FP Plus and LCD.

And you know why, ‘Kule!

I am not going to get into an argument here. I joined in 2004 and was an active poster until the site turned into nothing but squabbling. Last week I changed the oil in my dads 1993 Fleetwood. He is 88 years old. After the OC I added some FP Plus to his gas tank without telling him. Yesterday he called and asked what kind of oil did I use because the car is running so great. It was not in my head.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: LAGA

I am not going to get into an argument here. I joined in 2004 and was an active poster until the site turned into nothing but squabbling. Last week I changed the oil in my dads 1993 Fleetwood. He is 88 years old. After the OC I added some FP Plus to his gas tank without telling him. Yesterday he called and asked what kind of oil did I use because the car is running so great. It was not in my head.

Yeap the site has an additive forum but each time someone posts something positive about additives or asks a question about it then everyone comes out of the woodwork with the replies being mostly: "What are you trying to fix? Is it broken? etc" What if I want to have a good maintenance of the system? What if I have nothing to fix but just want the car to last long? Most users on here are mostly..."what are you trying to fix?!" but then if it's broken the reply is: "Well you can't fix that, no mechanic in the can, can fix that blah blah blah." SO basically it's negativity all around. Honestly many times I question why even have an additive forum and mostly why the folks who hate additives actually care to visit this sub forum and post?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back