Tuners, programmers question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Programmers, tuners etc. Do all of them require an internet connection and windows to get the tunes? I can't download here (dial-up that won't upload) and don't have a reliable windows based computer. Only a cheap Chrome book. Thanks.

They should have shipped with a tune on them. Now some have the ability to have tunes sent to them online, but that usually involves live data streaming sessions.

Most do require you to send them a file for them to tune and then they return it back for you to install on your vehicle. Some tuners visit parts of the country and can tune your vehicle in person. Black Bear Performance is one of those that visits all over the US throughout the year. You sign up for a tune spot and he rides with you in your vehicle and data logs and then tunes the vehicle.

Not sure of any other company that does this. Black Bear Performance use to be just GM but is also getting into Ford since GM is locking down their ECM's.

I purchased a bully dog bdx with WiFi capabilities as I also do not have a functioning Windows based computer at home. It came with the preloaded files and I downloaded a custom file for my vehicle off of the cloud from the tuning company I purchased it from. It would still require WiFi but that may be more easily accessible for you than a PC,

I have Black Bear Performance tune...powa !

thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Rat407
Most do require you to send them a file for them to tune and then they return it back for you to install on your vehicle. Some tuners visit parts of the country and can tune your vehicle in person. Black Bear Performance is one of those that visits all over the US throughout the year. You sign up for a tune spot and he rides with you in your vehicle and data logs and then tunes the vehicle.

Not sure of any other company that does this. Black Bear Performance use to be just GM but is also getting into Ford since GM is locking down their ECM's.

Thanks for the replies...I know zero about tuners but the first several I checked into required internet and windows so I thought all were like that and kind of gave up. Tuning in person is something I might do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back