Avg times you wash your vehicle per month?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many hand wash or like the car wash for time and convience.

Mine is zero to 1. My Grand Marquis is a scratched up dented rust bucket do who cares!

Last edited:
can we change that to per year?

also does heavy rain, regular rain and flash rain (hate the little splashers) count?

Depends on the weather and the roads.

Sometimes, after a hard rain, the roads are fairly clean... and it really doesn't need it afterwards.

However, right now, they're replacing a gas pipeline along my route to work, and the roads are covered in mud.

Bucket wash to automatic wash is about 5:1. Only use the automatic wash when time is tight.

My 2 most used cars are on a monthly car wash plan. For $25/mo I can wash mine everyday and get the bottom cleaned and the car wash wax. If I don't have that plan it is 12.98 per wash. I use the fire out of the plan. Tree sap, bugs etc all come off. Three wash places here in town and free vacuum DIY.

Maybe about 0.1-0.2. Windscreen more often, maybe 0.5-1.0

Never used a car wash, but it would be quite amusing for any casual observers so if I'm feeling generous sometime maybe I will.

It varies. I wash my car at home but not always. Guessing 3 times a month.
There is a gas station with a car wash near me that gives a .30 per gallon discount off of gas for up to 20 gallons if you buy a $9 car wash.

Since I rent the Escape on Turo I usually end up washing it from 3-5 times a month. I then do a quick wash of my Suburban if I'm bored and have time sicne I already have the cleaning supplies out, so that's maybe once a month. I've washed the Crown Vic once since I owned it so that's gonna end up being maybe 3x/year.

I've always hand washed my cars 2-5 times per month. Once I moved back to NJ, that dropped in the winter to basically 0-1. I finally found a touch-less wash in Hackensack, so I take the cars there in winter now to keep the crud buildup to a minimum until I can hand wash again in spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back