FUCHS Titan GT1 Pro Flex 5w-30?

Status
Not open for further replies.
871764_x800.jpg

871766_x800.jpg

Has anyone used FUCHS Titan GT1 Pro Flex 5w-30 (Dexos2 approved) oil before and if so, what have been your observations?

I have a 2018 Chevy Cruze 1.6l Diesel Ecotec (Opel motor) and approaching the next OCI - 15,000 miles. I changed my oil at the 7,500 OCI just 2.5 months ago with Penzoil Euro Platinum L (Dexos2 approved) and because I drive so much the time has come to change the oil once again. Planning on having the Penzoil tested through Blackstone to see how it held up.

I drive 90% highway miles at speeds above 70mph and now that its summer here in Florida the average temps are around 89-95F. Ideally what I would like to do is to push out my OCI from GM's recommendation of every 7,500 per up to 10,000.

This is my first time having oil tested and a lot of this oil jargon is still new to me so not even sure how to interpret the results.

Thanks for any input in advance!

I buy the Fuchs 5/40 by the drum and have never had any issues so far. I sent an analysis out a few weeks ago but waiting on the USPS to clear it, since it wasn't in a box. My buddy went 11k on it and I wanted to see how it holds up.

Originally Posted By: Audios
I buy the Fuchs 5/40 by the drum and have never had any issues so far. I sent an analysis out a few weeks ago but waiting on the USPS to clear it, since it wasn't in a box. My buddy went 11k on it and I wanted to see how it holds up.

Sounds good! My oil comes in this Tuesday an I'll be changing it sometime this week.

Originally Posted By: quailallstar
I changed my oil at the 7,500 OCI just 2.5 months ago with Pennzoil Platinum Euro L (Dexos2 approved) and because I drive so much the time has come to change the oil once again. Planning on having the Pennzoil tested through Blackstone to see how it held up.

You're on to a good thing here, don't bother changing
wink.gif

Regards
Jordan

Originally Posted by CleverUserName
From the SDS: �A blend of highly refined mineral oils with multifunctional additives�

Is this stuff all GIII bases? If so, that�s kinda disappointing...

http://www.generaloils.net/PI_TITAN-GT1-PRO-FLEX-5W-30_e.pdf

Hi
Sorry to revive an older post but a question if I may.

I use this oil in my Wife's Vauxhall ( GM ) 1.6 Litre Petrol as it is reasonably priced and is Dexos 2. It is marketed over here as a 'fully synthetic'. Is this a con if it is actually a refined mineral oil?

I was a little disappointed to read that.

Tikka.

Originally Posted by Tikka
Originally Posted by CleverUserName
From the SDS: �A blend of highly refined mineral oils with multifunctional additives�

Is this stuff all GIII bases? If so, that�s kinda disappointing...

http://www.generaloils.net/PI_TITAN-GT1-PRO-FLEX-5W-30_e.pdf

Hi
Sorry to revive an older post but a question if I may.

I use this oil in my Wife's Vauxhall ( GM ) 1.6 Litre Petrol as it is reasonably priced and is Dexos 2. It is marketed over here as a 'fully synthetic'. Is this a con if it is actually a refined mineral oil?

I was a little disappointed to read that.

Tikka.

Most 'fully syntehtic' oils you can buy are Group 3 super-hydrocracked mineral oils.

Buy an oil based on specifications and approvals, not base stock.

Originally Posted by edyvw
It has on the front "German Technology" written. Expect to gain at least 20hp and 20lb-ft.

Plus 10mpg better highway and city...

Originally Posted by Virtus_Probi
Originally Posted by edyvw
It has on the front "German Technology" written. Expect to gain at least 20hp and 20lb-ft.

Plus 10mpg better highway and city...

Oh, how did I forget that!

Hi
So my supposedly 'fully synthetic' engine oil is made from dino oil from the ground? That in my mind makes it at best semi synthetic and at worse mineral.
How the [censored] are they allowed to call it FULLY SYNTHETIC ?

Yes it has Dexos2 approval as well as MB229.51 and 52.

So which Oils are the fully synthetics then. The ones with no Dino in them.

My naivety may seem amusing to some but there we are. I am naive as to how lubricants work but am trying to learn.

Your Group IV and V oils come from the ground too, probably from dinos as well
smile.gif

Well maybe not dinos but the same complex organic source whatever it was.

Originally Posted by Tikka
Hi
So my supposedly 'fully synthetic' engine oil is made from dino oil from the ground? That in my mind makes it at best semi synthetic and at worse mineral.
How the [censored] are they allowed to call it FULLY SYNTHETIC ?

Yes it has Dexos2 approval as well as MB229.51 and 52.

So which Oils are the fully synthetics then. The ones with no Dino in them.

My naivety may seem amusing to some but there we are. I am naive as to how lubricants work but am trying to learn.

The oils that are advertised in Germany as Full Synthetic, are Full Synthetic.
Also, you are stuck on base oil. Final producat is what matters. HC oils are sold as full synthetic since 90's.

Hi
Well it all seems very confusing to me. When is a fully synthetic actually truly synthetic? I suppose I need a new thread really.

Thank you all for trying to help me.

Tikka.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back