BBQ Part Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cover the BBQ after each use. Year 3. What is this, why did they design it so delicatly and where can I buy a new one?

I fiddle with the metal piece that directs the propane over to the other burners. Falls off every time.

Here is a link to the metal piece in my Google Drive...just viewable...

view

There are a few vendors on the internet that sell parts for all brands of grills. Never seems to be reasonable in price.

I have made that particular part in my grills throughout the years. Its just a hood on the backside of the grill getting the flame from a lit burner to the next. Each burner supplies its own amount of propane by the selector you turn. I have taken the original hood from grills, measured it and then used sheet metal cut and/or put in a brake to proper size to make a new one. Guess one could use a vice instead of a metal brake,and by using a hammer and the advice given in lesson two of anger management and still have success in making the hood.

By looking at your photo and your concern of this hood falling off, maybe get a couple of sheet metal screws and bite into the landing area where they sit so they are fixed to something.

If you choose to accept this mission, we disavow any knowledge of your actions. ( Code for make sure the propane is turned off )

This is called a carryover tube.
You are correct that it directs flame/propane from one burner to the others. That way you don't have to light each burner individually.

Readily available on Amazon as direct replacement or universal.
Lots of junk out there. At least buy stainless construction if you want any hope of longevity.

Have you tried it without the crossover? My two burner does not have a crossover at all; it lights on right side first, as that's where the igniter is located, then right side fires up when turned on. Either side can be used independently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back