02' Silverado 5.3L (LT) Shocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for solid rear shocks for my 2002 Chevy Silverado. The left rear bilstein shock is leaking. I put on the shocks 70k miles ago. Any recommendation is greatly appreciated

Any warranty on them? If you like them, replace with them. That being said I like the Monroe Reflex. Have read some good reviews on Rancho RS5000x shocks. Shocks are like politics, engine oil, tires and politics.
35.gif

Can't get any better than what you have. If you want similar performance without the Bilstien price I'd look at KYB Monomax or Gas-A-Just shocks.

How many miles on the truck now? What kind of driving do/did you do with it? Do you use it like an actual truck? Were you satisfied with Bilstein?

Bilstein makes great shocks, and 70k could be a good service life, particularly if the truck was used hard. Otherwise, there's KYB MonoMax and Monroe Reflex, and Gabriel Max Control. Bilstein also has the 5100 shocks.

70k is a pretty good life, and truck shocks are easy to change. See about getting them warrantied and don't worry for another 70k miles.

I have an 03 suburban and posted a thread earlier this year on shocks.. I went with the Bilstein 5100 they are about $68 each on ebay.

I think they are a bit stiff on rough roads which is mainly what my roads are nowadays.

I think the Monroe Reflex would be a better ride but wont take the abuse that the Bils do.

Originally Posted By: krismoriah72
I have an 03 suburban and posted a thread earlier this year on shocks.. I went with the Bilstein 5100 they are about $68 each on ebay.

I think they are a bit stiff on rough roads which is mainly what my roads are nowadays.

I think the Monroe Reflex would be a better ride but wont take the abuse that the Bils do.

I have gabriel ultras on my truck. They ride a bit harsh unloaded. But are perfect when my TT is hooked up with the weight distributing hitch.

i have a set of Monroe Gas Magnums on my 07Ram 1500. Weare just amazed at how good and controlled that it rides now. Shockwarehouse had a special on all 4 for 135.00 with free shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back