SN Plus GDI Turbo Oils

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just noticed two brands of xW20 oil listing SN Plus and advertising GDI Turbo attributes. . The GDI Turbo advertising is on the front and the SN Plus is on the back of each of the two jugs. Enjoy.
smile.gif

That's what I was wondering... is it Dexos 1 Gen 2 licensing that drove all of WM's oil prices up a couple bucks? If so, BOO GM. Make engines that run on existing oil specs for all other engines
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: SubieRubyRoo
That's what I was wondering... is it Dexos 1 Gen 2 licensing that drove all of WM's oil prices up a couple bucks? If so, BOO GM. Make engines that run on existing oil specs for all other engines
smile.gif

Why immediately blame dex1g2 instead of SN Plus?

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
smile.gif

Why immediately blame dex1g2 instead of SN Plus?

Because none of the SN Plus oils were on the shelves when the prices jumped, it was right after WM removed all the D1G1 oils??
21.gif

smile.gif

? Could easily have been Walmart deciding to gouge a captive market, or neither.

That's what I was wondering... is it Dexos 1 Gen 2 licensing that drove all of WM's oil prices up a couple bucks?
smile.gif

In the last year the price of WTI oil has increased from $45 per bbl to $73.80 per bbl. Some of that was bound to show up in base oil prices.

Cool thanks. I’ve got a case of Amsoil SS 0W20 waiting to go in our CRV. With the fuel dilution issue these engines have i may try one of those oils for at least 5K intervals till and if Honda does something about the issue. No way I’ll be following the olm till there’s a fix.

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
^^^^^THIS^^^^^
Lets spread the price increase blame around fellas!

I care more about my engine than saving a few dollars for oil. Especially if there’s an issue.

What price increase? Recently bought Platinum Dexos1 Gen2/SN Plus 5W30 5-quart jug at Walmart for less than $23 (less than $13 after rebate).

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
? Could easily have been Walmart deciding to gouge a captive market, or neither.

Maybe on the WM price gouging, but the Harvest King brands also jumped- from $9.99/5qts as Dexos1 Gen 1, to 13.99/5qts as D1G2.

Originally Posted By: turnbowm
Originally Posted By: Bjornviken
API SN Plus what a joke, EU oils carry Api SN and dont have the problem with GDI turbo engines.

Changes are currently being considered in ACEA oil specifications to address LSPI problems in European GDI engines.

https://www.infineuminsight.com/insight/april-2018/acea-sequences-revisions-underway

There is no problems with any LSPI in my country, and rest of eu using A3 oils. And the update will be with the thin oils.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back