45K severe service schedule for 2015 malibu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the Malibu hit 45k yesterday and i follow the severe service schedule for the Malibu just because the way i drive. One the list of the 45k services is says, cabin filter, air filter, trans drain and fill, brake fluid flush, and check oil and fluids. OLM is at 27% with a lil over 5k on the PPPP 0w20. Plan on doing all these services at the next oil change which would prob b within 1K. Now i need to decide what products to use for what....

I went to Walmart tonight to looks at oil and i saw PPPP 0w20 that has new new sticker on it tht says "redesigned for modern turbo engines" mine aint turbocharged but it is GDI. i also saw ST has full syn on the shelf now tht is 0w20 and dexos1 gen2 certified. $15.88 for ST and $22.88 for PPPP. Ive had good results with PPPP but think ST is worth a try?

Now on to the transmission drain and fill... i did a drain and fill of about 4.5Q at 25k with autozone brand dex6 i got for $3Q. Walmart is now selling maxlife atf agin for $17.88 or Amazon had acdelco dex6 for $26.

Now the cabin and air filters i can get for $37 off Amazon and brake flush i can do at work on the lift.

What fluids should inuse for the trans and oil? Also im using up.my last napa gold oil filter next oil change.

Last edited:
I thought all the services went by the OLM now. That is, there is no set schedule that is published. Just change everything when the computer tells you to. it will automatically calculate the correct OCI and other service intervals for you. And you don't even have top worry about normal vs severe service because it does that for you automatically, too
smile.gif

Nothing wrong with Napa Gold. Their oil and air filters are both good stuff.

For the oil, any d1g2 oil. Napa's house brand synthetic is on sale for $2.99/qt until tomorrow (7/8).

Any licensed Dexron VI ATF will be fine, too, if you need to change the ATF. Advance Auto has Castrol Full Synthetic ATF on sale right now for $5/qt. It is licensed Dexron VI. Even Walmart has a house brand ATF that is licensed Dexron VI. Unfortunately, Maxlife is not licensed Dexron VI, so don't use it until after the warranty is over.

For the cabin filter, get the Mann "Frecious Plus" FP2442, if you can afford it. If not, there's certainly nothing wrong with the regular carbon/charcoal CUK2442.

ST will be just fine for that engine...

Also would stick with Dex VI as well.....like the Valvoline myself.

Sounds good with pretty much everything else....

I thought all the services went by the OLM now.

Regular oil change intervals would be shown with the OLM but no other services. GM does not show when the brake fluid needs flushed, tires rotated, transmission fluid changed, etc like Honda or some other manufacturers do.

The original post also says the owner is following the severe condition maintenance schedule. The OLM could not be set to respond to that schedule.

Originally Posted By: ls973800
I thought all the services went by the OLM now.

Regular oil change intervals would be shown with the OLM but no other services. GM does not show when the brake fluid needs flushed, tires rotated, transmission fluid changed, etc like Honda or some other manufacturers do.

The original post also says the owner is following the severe condition maintenance schedule. The OLM could not be set to respond to that schedule.

Thanks! I did not know this. I thought GM's Simplified Maintenance Schedule was computer-based like Honda's MM

that is a lot of service and money spent at 45k.

no to cabin filter if air flow at vents feels strong.

no to transmission service, unless you tow? doubtful.

no to brake fluid flush. really?

check oil and fluids? hopefully you can conduct this hard feat. oil? check. coolant? check. wiper fluid? check. add if needed. not hard

so basically change the oil at the next service needed, and change the air filter at that time. done. anything more is a waste of money and the dealer will love you.

Originally Posted By: 93cruiser
that is a lot of service and money spent at 45k.

no to cabin filter if air flow at vents feels strong.

no to transmission service, unless you tow? doubtful.

no to brake fluid flush. really?

check oil and fluids? hopefully you can conduct this hard feat. oil? check. coolant? check. wiper fluid? check. add if needed. not hard

so basically change the oil at the next service needed, and change the air filter at that time. done. anything more is a waste of money and the dealer will love you.
Im doing all the service to the car, all in is < $100

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back