RIP William Dunlop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any other guys in the family should attend trade school or college. It's not worth the risk to race. I don't know much about the Dunlops but they didn't get popular not being good at racing and this still happened.

I saw the story come across my Facebook and my heart sunk. I read the title a few times and kept thinking it said Michael, who I am a huge fan of. Absolutely gutted for the whole family. Rest In Peace indeed.

“Dunlop was a member of the famous Dunlop racing family, a nephew of the legendary rider Joey and son of Robert, both of whom also died in motorcycle accidents.

Sounds like a terrible family tradition. RIP

Originally Posted By: TheLawnRanger
Any other guys in the family should attend trade school or college. It's not worth the risk to race. I don't know much about the Dunlops but they didn't get popular not being good at racing and this still happened.

This is why I don't talk about my time at the IOM TT a couple years ago. People that don't know me will feel some need to pass judgement.

I'll just say I met William, and his brother Michael. And I was a fan of their father, and their uncle. They all know/knew the risks, as does everyone else that tries their hand at real Roadracing.

I'm at a race this weekend, too. Although not a Motorcycle, and I'm not driving/riding. Just being in the vicinity of these machines is dangerous, and potentially life threatening. I don't need to do it, but I enjoy it, and will continue to do so despite the risk until I decide not too, or my services are no longer needed.

Originally Posted By: TheLawnRanger

I think you might be mistaking MotoGP or WSB Racers for Road Racers.

Even the successful tend to have normal jobs.

McPint was a Bricklayer

Guy Martin still is a Truck Mechanic.

I can’t remember what Business the Dunlop had aswell as Racing I think it was Plumbing or Building.

The Dunlop Family is not one full of rich racers who can do nothing else.

yes they make money from Racing at the level they have achieved but that doesn’t mean that is all they are trained to do.

And yes your comment was a bit “off”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back