my tundra/lifespan/humor

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was thinking after my oil change today. I concluded that owning my truck for 11 years and 3 months is equivalent to 1/4 of my life. At 44, you start thinking about strange things after changing oil and drinking beer. I've driven the same truck for 1/4 my life. Scarier thing, I've driven the same woman for 1/2 my life.

I then started to think maybe time for a new truck. I then opened another beer and concluded maybe time for another woman. Then another beer later concluded either of the two new is too much money, so stick with what I have. A 2007 tundra and 1971 wife.

Ha.

A few years ago, a guy on here decided to finally get rid of his minivan, which he had owned for the last 30 years.

Mull that over for a while.

Mull this one over
I have a 97 ford
and a 63 girlfriend.
lol.gif

My wife is Vintage '72. A keeper if I ever met one. Those early 70s models are good for the long haul.

Have another beer, sir!
cheers3.gif

(Your Tundra's good to go as well LOL)

Originally Posted By: JLTD
My wife is Vintage '72. A keeper if I ever met one. Those early 70s models are good for the long haul.

Have another beer, sir!
cheers3.gif

(Your Tundra's good to go as well LOL)

+1

As long as you love your wife more than your truck, you're doing alright!

I'm as bad with boyfriends as I am with cars. Getting better about keeping cars longer though... Maybe the other will follow.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dogememe
I'm as bad with boyfriends as I am with cars. Getting better about keeping cars longer though... Maybe the other will follow.

Newest in signature is 2010?

I was 38 when I sold my VW, had that for 11 years and 314,000 miles. Hated to let it go. Had been married for 13 years at the time but knew her for a couple more. Where does the time go?

Was taking a dance class and the teacher was 16. More than a few times she would have us do something and my thoughts would be "I've got clothes older than you..." Speaking of, I have a worn out tee-shirt that I like and have had for longer than I've known my wife. She laughs at it as it's thread bare. I just think "it was here before you and it'll be here after you..."

I have an 05 truck and a 1951 wife for the last 46 years. Told her I was thinking about trading her for a couple of 20 year olds. She told me "you're not wired for 220".

Originally Posted By: odotb
I have an 05 truck and a 1951 wife for the last 46 years. Told her I was thinking about trading her for a couple of 20 year olds. She told me "you're not wired for 220".

LOL! I'd keep her for another 46 years after that comment.

At the age of 52, I gave away my 26 year old 4 Runner.

It was an emotional moment...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
Originally Posted By: odotb

LOL! I'd keep her for another 46 years after that comment.

+1

Best response to that statement ever!

Mmmm...let's see....in the 40 yrs since receiving my drivers license, I've owned 5 cars. In the past 33 yrs. I've only owned two cars. Both Swedish. In life-yrs, that's 57%. In ownership-yrs., that's 90%.

I'm a long-hauler who likes Swedish Steel!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back