Nice here in North Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arrived here in Denver NC around 11am as I leave real early in morning. I'm on a vacation and Monday we (stepdad, mom and myself) are going on road trip to Stone Mountain GA and then to the Delta Flight Museum. Weather here is 70 and windy and very overcast. Mom said it's been high 90's for long time.

I stopped into the Publix that's 2 miles from mom and stepdads house also. Very nice store

This is a very good post by you.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
This is a very good post by you.
thumbsup2.gif

Thanks and drive went great. Low 50's in PA then foggy in WV. Gas here is $2.40 too
smile.gif

Welcome to NC. Publix is a really nice store. We really like it. Good selection and prices. Yeah, enjoy the weather because it will change quickly. LOL

Originally Posted By: Rat407
Welcome to NC. Publix is a really nice store. We really like it. Good selection and prices. Yeah, enjoy the weather because it will change quickly. LOL

Oh I know. I can go fishing also as 3/4 mile walk to Lake Norman
smile.gif

Delta said:
Enjoy your vacation Car51! Can't remember my last "roadtrip" vacation! Find some good beer along your way!

Thanks Delta
smile.gif

I'll probably find some in Georgia
smile.gif

Seems the whole half of the country east of the Mississippi cleared out all on the same evening!

Nice here too. Cheers!

My wife and I just made a trip to Winston-Salem a couple weeks ago. NC is pretty country, would like to see more of it like the coast. The drive through western NC is scenic. Before this I was there 7-8 years ago and had the privilege of driving north through Charlotte at rush hour. Not fun, huge city!

Beautiful weekend in NC. Planning on a motorcycle ride tomorrow. Calling for temps in the mid seventies. Check out the Lake Norman dinner cruise, great food and fun. You might want to check out the air museum at Douglas intl airport. The “miracle on the Hudson” plane is on display there and is maybe 30 miles south of Denver.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
Just touched down in Charlotte myself.

Beautiful weather. Great to be home!

I lived in Concord from 1989-1993

Originally Posted By: bbhero
Glad you are home rooflessVW... That's cool.

Cool indeed, brother.

Time for family, beer, and ripping donuts!

Originally Posted By: 92saturnsl2
My wife and I just made a trip to Winston-Salem a couple weeks ago. NC is pretty country, would like to see more of it like the coast. The drive through western NC is scenic. Before this I was there 7-8 years ago and had the privilege of driving north through Charlotte at rush hour. Not fun, huge city!

Well in the last 7-8 years the traffic has only gotten worse. We keep growing and growing, and while it has been good for home prices, not very good for traffic.

My wife and I are planning to move to the Burlington area of NC in 2-3 years. We currently live in VA about 40 minutes from the area. We both like the area and will probably settle just a little south of I40. May go a little further east if she decides to work in Chapel Hill.

Having said that, the cooler temperatures today have been a nice little break even if it will be short lived.

Last edited:
High 80's / Low 90's here, but that's within the norm (up to 104F / 40C]. Was 32 today [90F] with the Hunidex at 40 [104F] but not even close to a record. Just a nice warm sunny day on the Canadian prairies. I didn't even turn on the Air Conditioner.

I had to look it up ... record high for my city on July 7 is 36.7C in 1943 [98F]. Highest ever recorded? 45C [113F] in 1921.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back