chevy astro van abs module

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking on ebay there are several companys that will rebuilt them for under $50. Anybody have any experience with having one rebuilt. This is the modual that sits on top of abs pump.

I had one for a 2001 Silverado rebuilt by Module Masters. They charge more than $50, but must have done it right. The repaired module has been working since 2006.

Originally Posted By: Fitter30
Looking on ebay there are several companys that will rebuilt them for under $50. Anybody have any experience with having one rebuilt. This is the modual that sits on top of abs pump.

I nice clean used one would be my preference. Reman/rebuilt stuff is really sketchy today unless of course the company has a good solid rep for doing nice work then sure get one from them but ebay unknowns are not on my high confidence list.

Most electronics rebuilders, including Cardone, use cheap Chinese capacitors and components instead of OEM/OES ones like Panasonic, Nichicon, etc. That is the problem with them.

I did mine on my 2003 Chevy Blazer and it work fine after that. Sold the Blazer last year.I feel more confident if they have a decent warranty on there work and being reputable. I willing to pay more for that and if they are close.

The used ones are likely junk too. Nobody changes their brake fluid and it gets corrosive. This damages the bores inside the controller. Thee rebuilders will hone or bore them out as needed to make them work correctly again... Well except for cardon. I think they just paint stuff and send it back out.

I had my KelseyHayes 325 ABS unit rebuilt for $150 when it had pending C0265 codes. I went with this cheap-abs because they use original Tyco relays and explained how their repair isn't just a cheap solder job.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Kibitoshin
I had my KelseyHayes 325 ABS unit rebuilt for $150 when it had pending C0265 codes. I went with this cheap-abs because they use original Tyco relays and explained how their repair isn't just a cheap solder job.

A lot of them do have JUST a cracked/cold solder joint that CAN be repaired with a cheap solder job. I fixed my mom's 2002 Chevy 2500 with a dot of solder on each of the relay "pins".

Originally Posted By: Rhymingmechanic
I had one for a 2001 Silverado rebuilt by Module Masters. They charge more than $50, but must have done it right. The repaired module has been working since 2006.

Edit--the company is Module Master. https://modulemaster.com/rebuilds/

I think my malfunction was beyond broken solder--the pump started running constantly one day on startup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back