What is this? Guy tries to discredit Lubegard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Video is apparently in 2 parts:

1: Adding Lubegard Platinum To Dex 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HrP61YXot8

2: Dex3 & Lubegard Boiling In My Hand At 107F
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4E4OzZmHBU

"And that just goes to show you, that uh, there's no additive on the face of the planet that could uh, magically turn dex 3 into something it's not, or at least, it doesn't change the boiling point."

Of course, anything under a vaccum is going to have a lower boiling point. He comes off as very snobbish and arrogant like he's supposedly "owned" the company's products.

Last edited:
Lubegard has an applicability chart, with required base fluids and additives. The various Lubegard products absolutely do work, by taking a base fluid and modifying its friction characteristics - which is the difference between all these fluids to begin with.

To the second video: of course it boils in a vacuum - why wouldn't it?

My understanding is that Lubegard is to protect ATF from "burning". In other words, to protect it from high temperature degradation.

A good test would be to take treated and untreated ATF to a very high temperature and test the fluids to see if the treated had better properties.

Last edited:
His videos does not prove a thing but I would not add LubeGard Platinum to ANY ATF.

LubeGard Red may help to unvarnish valves and actuators with no promises, but then it depends on how the tranny was maintained.

ATF Technology

I do not use after market additives in oil or transmission fluid or antifreeze. Have never had any issues. None of the OMs of vehicles I have owned have ever recommended using additives. I just change the fluids at or about the recommended intervals and call it good. Already plenty of built in additives in these fluids and adding more may do more harm than good.

Lubegard Red took away more torque converter shutter and made the shifts much smoother in the Mustang. I put a bottle in the Silverado at last ATF change. Shifts better. 2-1 shift was never great. Its a lot better now.

Originally Posted By: BJD78
I do not use after market additives in oil or transmission fluid or antifreeze. Have never had any issues. None of the OMs of vehicles I have owned have ever recommended using additives. I just change the fluids at or about the recommended intervals and call it good. Already plenty of built in additives in these fluids and adding more may do more harm than good.

Of course it's not going to be in the Owner's Manual.

If needed, they would be in TSB's.

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
Lubegard has an applicability chart, with required base fluids and additives. The various Lubegard products absolutely do work, by taking a base fluid and modifying its friction characteristics - which is the difference between all these fluids to begin with.

Of course? Does atf boil in a vacuum? I think not.

Its funny how the board decries additives. But lubegard is excepted without any technical justification.

Originally Posted By: turtlevette
Originally Posted By: rooflessVW

Of course? Does atf boil in a vacuum? I think not.

Its funny how the board decries additives. But lubegard is excepted without any technical justification.

What's magical about the chemical properties that ATF w/o lubegard cannot boil in a vacuum at reduced temperatures? The chemicals are not that advanced to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back