Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm making the switch to Lucas synthetic for my mower, snow thrower and generator.

My lawnmower and generator normally see Shell 10w30 conventional which is great oil. Making the switch here for longer storage life on the generator since it does not see a lot of use and keeping stock simpler. The Briggs will also love the Lucas.

Snow thrower is a yard machines with a Tecumseh been seeing 5w30 synthetic and synblend from day one and is around 15 years old runs like a top started one pull for me this morning. This will be getting Lucas synthetic 5w30.

why? lucas isnt special sauce if anything its inferior to major name brands.

now if you got it for a buck a quart on clearance I would understand.

ew, lucas products - that junk all belongs straight in the used oil tank at your local parts store

Last edited:
Lucas is an additive supplier to the industry, no?

They're putting their name on retail oil products just to see if there's money in it, no?

I'd bet if Lucas' oil products don't move off the shelves, they'll be eliminated.

Oh the power of advertising on unsuspecting prey...
We say round these parts, you'll be in LUC if your AS gets home.
They have a stadium named after them. Packed full of their followers.

mx5miata, you labeled your thread with one word, "Switch" which is click bait.
The PQIA test, even though its dated, shows a poor NOACK result, no moly, uses a cheap sodium additive, has a lower TBN than the average tested oil, no boron, no nothing to make it stand out. Looks like a Napa synthetic from 5 years ago???

Sorry for the click bait.. I know there would be some serious beatings for this post, wanted to see where it goes.

I know Lucas additives aren't well liked I personally never used them I wanted to try something different a friends cousin works at a speed shop and has the synthetic Lucas for $2.50/QT.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
http://www.pqiamerica.com/March2013PCMO/lucassynth.htm

Lucas looks a lot like napa minus the bad nowack of 14.9,
without some palm greasing could be a easy 15.
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: Kira
Lucas is an additive supplier to the industry, no?

They're putting their name on retail oil products just to see if there's money in it, no?

I'd bet if Lucas' oil products don't move off the shelves, they'll be eliminated.

Putting their name on retail oil?

What oil?

Lucas in OPE is fine..

I wouldn't run it in my car. Only because there are a lot of good oils out there already. Mobil Super, Castrol Ultraclean, Castrol Magnatec, Formula Shell, VWB, Havoline, Federated Auto full synthetic, plus many more as well for less money. And they are all legitimately very good oils.

I dont follow, If Lucas is a petroleum additive supplier, what's in the Lucas bottle someone else's oil and who is buying additive packs from Lucas? since they're so undesired.

Originally Posted By: mx5miata
I dont follow, If Lucas is a petroleum additive supplier, what's in the Lucas bottle someone else's oil and who is buying additive packs from Lucas? since they're so undesired.

I wouldn't buy lucas for a couple of reasons,
Price: this is at my local Napa Napa $9.99 a quart
Plus it's nothing special here's a VOA click here

There are so many more oils out there that are just as good or better for a cheaper price.
The Napa syn was just on sale for 3 bucks a quart probably the same stuff as the lucas 5w30 oil.

And there stabilizer: just do a voa google search on that. It's just thick oil.Use that in a engine that is totally worn out and you may get another year out of it.

Who buys there oil? People who have engines on there way out and hope there's a cure in a bottle.
(guess it's good marketing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back