how to wear riding boots on an XT250 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's always best to wear full gear on any powersports application, but I can't shift my XT250 with MX boots. on our Honda, you just move the shifter down two notches, with the multi-piece linkage on the xt250, that is not an option. how to resolve?

yes, I am currently sitting in a chair with a broken tibia; probably would not have happened with boots....

Any pics of the linkage?

No mention of what year your XT250 is, but a quick google search reveals that at least some versions of XT 250 have a shifter that can be adjusted for position.

Last edited:
I think this is it: https://www.google.com/search?q=xt250+shift+linkage&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi7yvHeuo3cAhWJ1IMKHcyFC9YQ_AUICygC&biw=1745&bih=861#imgrc=9rL3_xPjf7lsFM:
I think mine is a 2013. check my sig

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: tomcat27
I think this is it: https://www.google.com/search?q=xt250+shift+linkage&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi7yvHeuo3cAhWJ1IMKHcyFC9YQ_AUICygC&biw=1745&bih=861#imgrc=9rL3_xPjf7lsFM:
I think mine is a 2013. check my sig

If the linkage is like what's shown below then I see two ways to adjust the position of the lever. 1) Adjust the turnbuckle or 2) Move the shifter on the splined shaft coming out of the engine case.

Sidi boots have a hinge in the ankle = full articulation of foot controls....priceless

I've done the tib/fib thing, still have the screws. Hill climbing gone bad. What happened?

the moving arem lengths can make a difference to feel and force you need to change gears but nothing more.

Are you ok changing gears with othe shoes or boots?

Is the lever bent inwards (can make a hughe difference in you foot finding it) such as the bike having been dropped.

Maybe the lever arm (the bit with rubber cover) is too short for your foot

If you cannot change shifter height I would find after market lower pegs,I assume the shifter is too low.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back