John Deere 30 sec oil change

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to raise an issue on how JD markets and normalizes an oil change message to the millennial lawn mower owner by making
an emotional metaphorical appeal why they should change the oil with the new system.

He states the following: "What I love about this system is that it injects LIFE into the old oil".

SEE @1:10min mark

Clearly, this is not a Roe vs Wade decision. It is a lawn mower engine with a well-defined oil change maintenance schedules. It is also irresponsible that he never discusses the importance of the 5/50 hour maintenance schedule and is more concerned about connecting to you on Instagram.

Finally at the end of the video, he sugar-coats the conclusion with a remarkable false narrative : "it is more efficient ...spending less time, spending less money, more cleaner" than the older traditional system.

What a Fake News conclusion at $39 per oil change!

The bad news is that these low information 'snowflakes' will someday normalize the message and the need to 'Abolish oil changes because it bad, terrible and wasteful."

30 sec oil change

Originally Posted By: Patrick0525
The bad news is that these low information 'snowflakes' will someday normalize the message and the need to 'Abolish oil changes because it bad, terrible and wasteful."

30 sec oil change

Get over yourself, Gramps.

How many mowers last 10+ years with NO oil change?

How many cars go to the junkyard with 10,000 mile conventional oil changes?

Do your thing, let others do there's.

Or just keep raging against the machine all by yourself.

Dang millennials ruining the world with their convenience and craft beer!

Who needs it!?

Let's go back to SAE 40 and Schlitz!

The JD oil change for people too stupid to do mower oil changes! Right there with the automotive version-the Castrol Nexcel!
https://www.bp.com/en/global/corporate/bp-magazine/innovations/reinventing-the-oil-change.html
BITOGers just say no! In other news, GET OFF MY LAWN!
grin.gif

So you hate millenials and snowflakes but this oil is a manifestation?
lol.gif

I bet there's lots of people out there afraid to work on their car b/c it's a ride to work but don't mind changing the lawnmower oil and feeling all manly doing it. Disposing of the old oil seems to be the biggest hurdle for them.

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
Dang millennials ruining the world with their convenience and craft beer!

Let's leave the craft beer out of it please.

I think it's a good idea for some people. Not everyone has basic oil change skills anymore. Maybe more people will be inclined to do an oc now on that model.

Maybe these "oil change cartridges" will prompt timid mechanics to do their oil changes.

The point alluded to (I think) is the one I've been making in response to these threads...and that is, someday "they" (the oil industry and/or oil-poisoned people with political representation) will decide there's too much unaccounted for oil and these cartridges will stop oil dumping.

Remember, they already know how much oil is collected for recycling and how much oil is sold. The difference is illegally dumped, burned in furnaces, burned by engines or dripped.

Society is allowed to tackle oil pollution even if you like to change your own oil and wave the flag. It's another example of people not seeing trends.

The slobs (who dump oil) are making us look bad and if they wrap oil sales-to-the-public in the flag, it'll be silly.

I find it funny when people think millennials invented laziness.

[censored] kids with their rock and roll music and beatle hairdos.

He claimed that he, "ended up in the hospital", from changing his oil? This guy better find a new line of work!.... On a lighter note, I just went out into my garage and breathed on my new Toyota. I'm hoping it will transfer some much needed new life into my oil.

Originally Posted By: walterjay
I think it's a good idea for some people. Not everyone has basic oil change skills anymore.

Oil change skills?? Are you referring to that plug on the bottom of the engine? Or which way to turn it to remove it?

Originally Posted By: billt460
I think it's a good idea for some people. Not everyone has basic oil change skills anymore.

Oil change skills?? Are you referring to that plug on the bottom of the engine? Or which way to turn it to remove it?

laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: maverickfhs

laugh.gif

Don't forget the young ones must then figure out the way to tighten the bolt once the old oil is out not to mention something might go back in the engine. Also, the camera has to be set up to post the video of the extreme mechanical adventure on youtube.

This isnt for milenials. Its for the know it all baby boomer thats always wanted to change his oil like a “real man” but didnt. Now he can sayhe changed his own oil.

I bet the john deer dealership sees much more frequent oil changes with ths system. Even the ocd type that figures out that 3 .i qt changes back to back would change out all 2.4 qts. (False math i know). They will do 3 changes in rapid succession.

Cha ching John deere

Righty tightly, lefty loosey, but it’s tougher when you are upside down.

Amazing! Just what the world needs...The $500.00 oil change. Thanks Castrol, dealer service departments will love it. Mo' money, mo' money!

Originally Posted By: SaturnIonVue
Amazing! Just what the world needs...The $500.00 oil change.

Junk like this is great for the economy. Manufacturers like John Deere are one step ahead of separating their customers from their money. Why spend $4.00 on a quart of oil, when you can buy this overpriced contraption for $40.00?

And if their comeback is, "because I can afford it". Then they are just plain dumb. Because if you can "afford" to spend $40.00 on something as stupid as this, you can afford a landscaper. At least then you would have something to brag about.

I mean really, what's more impressive:

"Look honey, the Jones's hired a landscaper to take care of their yard!"

OR........

"Hey Joe, I just spent $40.00, to change the oil in my mower.... And I still have to do the job myself"!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back