Vehicle color combos - what's you favorite?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interior and why?

Exterior and why?

Combination interior/exterior?

This last vehicle we bought I had a heck of a time finding the color combo I wanted -- white exterior with black interior. Few models offered it, and none in the makes/years I was looking at. Black exterior seems awfully popular, but it's a pain in the summertime, at least where I live. White hides scratches/imperfections, is cool in summer, always looks good after a wash, even for a couple weeks after. Ages very well. Black not so much, looks elegant after a wash, but not after the first mud puddle. After 10+ years you see every scratch and ding clearly.

On the interior side of things, nearly 75% or more of the vehicles we were looking at had tan interiors. Yuck! I definitely prefer a black (hot in summer but bearable with tinted windows and sunshade for front window) or any shade of grey. Even the old-school red, blue interiors are better looking than tan IMO. Seems a lot of people like tan and I'll never know why-- guess I'm in the minority and that's okay.

Curious what others think.

As long as the outside isn't black, I'm usually ok with it. The Sonata is a light blue, the Camry is maroon, and the Jeep is white.

I don't like black interiors. They show dirt and dog hair too easily. But I have HuskyLiners in the Sonata which are a lifesaver.

I also hate leather seats.

Easiest to keep clean is Silver exterior with black leather interior IMHO.

Best looking (to me) is White exterior with black or red interior.

Edit: I also like Green exteriors with tan or tobacco leather interiors.

Last edited:
I like white paint, for the reasons already mentioned. Interior I'm not too fussed, but I do like the black leather in my Outlander.

I like dark grey with black trim for the exterior but have noticed people tend to pull out in front of vehicles this color more often. I like a neutral color for the interior.

Last edited:
White exterior, because it looks great with the black exterior accent trim. Doesn't show scratches and swirls so much.

White or tan leather interior, because it lightens up the cabin. Stays a little cooler in hot weather. And looks beautiful.

I also like light blue, silver, and champagne (Tungsten Subaru color for example), colored exteriors.

blue cars with red interiors are awesome
smile.gif

I also like white with white wheels, and a red interior

Big fan of black on black with black accents (like our new truck) however I do like black/tan and I was really fond of the LeMans blue of my M5.

I'm not a fan of silver exterior. In my mind, the silver paints used on cars reminds me of grey, wich is neutral in color. And now that I've owned my first black car, I will avoid owning another. It's gorgeous when it's clean. But it only looks clean for a day or two. I like reds and blues. And I've owned a few tan/light brown cars that I've liked.

For interiors, I absolutely can't stand black interior. First, it is so common. I don't know if people actually prefer it, or if dealerships are just lazy and order black interiors. To me, black interior is the absolute in BORING. And depressing. Probably the main reason I don't like black seats is because they can be so hot in the summer. Scorching hot.

I absolutely love saddle brown/tan interiors. They are by far my favorite. I'm ok with grey interiors. And although I know they are very hard to keep looking nice, I like off white interiors. It just looks vibrant, particularly compared to black. And it looks cool.

Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy
Beige on tan, and grey on grey.

I'm with ya! Yeah, I'm old(er)
Love these two combos along with White paint/beige interiors.

For our daily drivers, I like paint colors that clean up well and are easy to polish/quick detail w/o showing streaks. BAMM, DONE!
I also like interiors that are relaxing to be in/pleasing to the eye.

Not that I don't own or like other colors(Firebird in sig-BLACK ext/RED int), they're just more maintenance for me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back