Atf maxlife vs dex 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i want to do a drain and fill on my equinox. Would you use maxlife or supertech dex6. Which one and why? Those are the 2 choices i have readily available. Would like to focus on just those 2 brands.

If you're still under warranty, use the ST D6. You want something that is licensed Dexron VI during the warranty period. ST is licensed. Maxlife isn't
smile.gif

So my choice would be ST during the warranty, then Maxlife after it expires.

Does your transmission have a drain plug?

Originally Posted By: Dylan1303
So i want to do a drain and fill on my equinox. Would you use maxlife or supertech dex6. Which one and why? Those are the 2 choices i have readily available. Would like to focus on just those 2 brands.
any one of them would work. I used AutoZones dex6 in my Malibu at 25k and she's still doing good. Hit 45k omw home from work today. 27% left on the OLM so next oil change she gets, trans drain and fill, cabin filter, air filter, and brake fluid flush along with the full synthetic oil change.

I think either would work just fine. However in this case if your application calls for Dex 6, ST is a GM licensed ATF and very reasonable at ~$5/qt. So I'd go with ST Dex 6 here.

This from someone using ML in both Toyota and Honda applications with many miles logged and good results, no issues.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
If you're still under warranty, use the ST D6. You want something that is licensed Dexron VI during the warranty period. ST is licensed. Maxlife isn't
smile.gif

So my choice would be ST during the warranty, then Maxlife after it expires.

Does your transmission have a drain plug?

Out of warranty it has 107k as far as i know this will be its first trans service. Also on the back of maxlife it says it can be used for dex 2,3,6. Claiming it can be used doesnt count as a license?

Quote:
Out of warranty it has 107k as far as i know this will be its first trans service.

Well, then get enough for at least three drains and refills.

ATF Technology

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back