NAPA synthetic oil SN Plus Product Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Called Valvoline Team for the latest NAPA SN+ data sheet.

0w-20,5w-20,5w-30,10w-30 and 20w-50

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
I sure would feel a lot better about that new SN+ if the NOAK was a bit lower.

Me too

Although synthetic valvoline or "advanced syn" 5w20 is 7% or somethin

They don't say what the Noack is, just that it's below 13%. I doubt they want to undercut the mothership. Feels good in my vehicles though.

Thanks for sharing, OP. SN Plus and d1G2 are all i want.

13% is just the maximum NOACK loss for dexos1 Gen 2 and 15% is the limit for either SN or GF5, can't remember which.
The CCS and MRV numbers shown are also just the maximum values for the grades shown.
So, there really isn't any meaningful info about these particular oils given for those parameters, just spec limits.
I am surprised that the VI is higher for the 5W20 than the 0W20! Don't quite get that.

I'm sure these are all quite serviceable oils!

Exactly ^

Valvoline used to do the same thing for all their
oils. The "conventional" may still show this way.

Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
13% is just the maximum NOACK loss for dexos1 Gen 2 and 15% is the limit for either SN or GF5, can't remember which.
The CCS and MRV numbers shown are also just the maximum values for the grades shown.
So, there really isn't any meaningful info about these particular oils given for those parameters, just spec limits.
I am surprised that the VI is higher for the 5W20 than the 0W20! Don't quite get that.

I'm sure these are all quite serviceable oils!

Yep, some of these figures like Noack are just the spec limit - which it meets, they are not the real numbers or data measured directly on the oil. I'm sure they have the real numbers, it would be nice of they shared them.

All the VI are very close, I was expecting a bigger difference.

I'm sure they are all good oils. If cold starting is not an issue, I would select the oil with the highest density and the highest FP, that would be a suitable viscosity grade for my application.

I am planning to use the Napa 15w-50 to do my zero turn mower hydro gear transmission.

Originally Posted By: car51
Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
I sure would feel a lot better about that new SN+ if the NOAK was a bit lower.

Me too

Although synthetic valvoline or "advanced syn" 5w20 is 7% or somethin

I wonder if the NAPA syn. 5w20 has the same or similar low NOACK as it's Valvoline cousin? If so, it's a great deal.....I just picked up 6 quarts on the last day of the $2.99 sale.....

even within a certain classification the base oil quality varies + cheaper oils prolly buy + use cheaper lower quality base oils within the spec!!! cheaper for a reason

Originally Posted by Patrick0525
Called Valvoline Team for the latest NAPA SN+ data sheet.

0w-20,5w-20,5w-30,10w-30 and 20w-50

[Linked Image]

Dissapointed that Calcium and Magnesium numbers are missing from this VOA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back