DeWalt vac DCV581H

Status
Not open for further replies.

JC1

www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-2-gal-Max-Cordless-Corded-Wet-Dry-Vacuum-DCV581H/204301089

I just ordered one of these at home depot in Canada. They had the price listed as $199, before taxes. Amazon Canada had it listed for $134 and change. Checked Home Depot Canada's price match guarantee. Associate said they don't price match Amazon, but the manager said their policy changed 2 months ago and they do match Amazon Canada's prices.

Any members own this vac? Looks good for independent tests on YouTube. Looking to use this to vacuum the vehicles without having to lug out the large shop vac.

Last edited:
I own one that I use on cars and around the house. It did not come with batteries or a charger but I also own other Dewalt battery powered tools. With my 3.0 ah battery it lasts through a thorough car cleaning. When plugged into an 120v outlet, it is quite a bit more powerful than on battery power. Sometimes I have to use a dry scrub brush to collect into a pile the light colored lint that sticks to my cars black carpets, then I vacuum up the pile. I think a vacuum with a rotary brush does a better job but I bought this thing for its portability and convenience. Overall, I am satisfied with it.

I've been using one for over a year at various jobsites and its been almost daily with no issues.

Really handy, just shake the filter clean everytime you empty it to keep the suction up.

Battery time varies from 20 mins to 35/40 depending on battery size.

Mine is battery only, no corded option. https://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-2-Gal...V580H/204287095

Last edited:
I had the older version of that. Sold it.

The dual power is nice, but when I'm able to plug in, Imcan just use another vac, and when I'm away from power, portability is more important. So I have its little brother now, which runs off the same 20v batteries.

I do wish the little one had a slightly longer hose and a detachable power cord, but it works great.

I used this a few times and I'm. Glad I bought it. No more lugging out the bulky shop vac for most tasks. Even used it to suck the water out of the dishwasher before I removed the pump motor.

4.0ah battery is good and allows you to vacuum a car or van fully without having the battery die on you.

I have that vac, and like it. The filter is very restrictive when wet. Certainly, it's not as powerful as a real shop vac, but it's pretty good for a lightweight portable. Jobs get done quickly due to it's portability.

It's got slightly more power on the battery than with the cord. Lasts a good long time on the battery too.

Great for cleaning the car, airplane, etc.

I have the older version; bought it 10 years ago; maybe more. I don't much like it. I bought a corded mini-vac from Costco that blows it's doors off. Good luck with the new one.

Originally Posted By: JeffKeryk
I have the older version; bought it 10 years ago; maybe more. I don't much like it. I bought a corded mini-vac from Costco that blows it's doors off. Good luck with the new one.

What specifically did you get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back