Do you often use gasoline discount programs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
These could be credit card or other promotions to get gas cheaper.

We often use Kroger or Meijer discounts. Yesterday I got $ 1.00 off a gallon at Meijer.

Here in PA I use Giant Food Stores Gas points all the time.

Like you, My latest fill up was a buck off regular pricing. Sometimes more, sometimes less.

Yup, typically I get around $.50 to $.60 off per gallon at Giant at the end of the month with bonus card. Usually use it to fill up the GTI as I use 93. I use my Sheetz card for $.03 off per gallon, not much, but it's something. Their gas is meh so I just use it in the truck.

I use a PenFed visa card that gets me 5% off any gas paid for at the pump. Otherwise I sometimes use Hy-Vee fuel saver discounts.

Once a month, we get a dime a gallon off gas for every $100 spend at the supermarket during the month. I wait until its worth making the 2 mile trip to the gas station and fill both gas tanks in my van.

I'm in south central PA too. I used to use the Giant bonus points, but I've bought into the Top Tier rhetoric, and generally use Sunoco now.

I was using the Plenti program for discounts off of Mobil gas. With that ending, Mobil says that they'll have their own program to replace it but no firm details yet.

I also have a Speedy Rewards card for purchases at Speedway. Just cashed in a $0.10/gallon bonus for 20 visits last month. They've also given double points for a month of fillups or 500 points if you purchase 25 gallons of gas in the course of a month, and other things like that.

When Chase or Discover offer 5% for gas station purchases in a quarter, I'll stock up gift cards to get through the rest of the year.

I used to do it, but the local grocery store gas prices are now higher than the cheap stations around the corner. At one point, they were a few cents cheaper than the cheap gas stations but their prices slowly rose above so now there's no point.

Originally Posted By: novadude
I'm in south central PA too. I used to use the Giant bonus points, but I've bought into the Top Tier rhetoric, and generally use Sunoco now.

Heh, hi neighbor! (McConnellsburg here) I've found that the gas at my Giant seems to last the longest in my car for some reason. I'll just throw a can or Berryman's in tank every so often. Other times I'll fill up at the Sunoco off the Greencastle 81 exit before going into work.

Forgot that I also use the Superamerica rewards card at the pump too - knocks 3 cents a gallon off regular and midgrade, 10 cents a gallon off premium, which is great when I tow with my Ecoboost truck.

Publix Supermarket has $10 off any $50 gas card with purchase of $50 groceries. Coupon is in Publix flyer.

I've gotten over 100 gas cards in the past 5-6 years.

When I buy Chevron gas, I simply use a Chevron store cc. Not only would it qualify me for the cash price, but they would give me 3 cents/ga off my purchases each billing period.

Fred Meyers (Kroger)gas may not not be top tier, but they are one of the cheapest in town to begin with, and is the cheapest with their discounts. So yeah, I'm a sucker for those. The points can be redeemed at a Shell station, but the end price isn't the same then. Safeway/Albertsons has the same deal with Chevron, again not an appealing price when compared to Costco.

Originally Posted By: Delta
Originally Posted By: novadude

Heh, hi neighbor! (McConnellsburg here) I've found that the gas at my Giant seems to last the longest in my car for some reason. I'll just throw a can or Berryman's in tank every so often. Other times I'll fill up at the Sunoco off the Greencastle 81 exit before going into work.

My guess is miscalibrated gas pumps, you're probably getting a little more than a gallon.

$1.05 off/gal/ at Kroger (combo of Fuel Rewards card buying gift cards at 4X fuel points time & 1-2-3 MC), $1 off at Meijer for buying 10 prescriptions (mPerks), and 19.9 cents/gallon at BP for letting the BP Rewards discount roll over. Unfortunately BP is only good for 20 gallons, but Meijer is 30, & Kroger is 35. Almost always diesel.

I have a VISA that gives me 5% off all gas and then I buy gas at Costco. That is "my" program.

When Chase Freedom Card and/or Discover Card not offering quarterly 5% cash back on gas, use PenFen CC which works out to 4.25% back. Chase Freedom currently 5% back.

I use the discount all the time from SPEEDWAY(previously HESS). I use the discounts on gas & food/drinks. I love the reward points which work however you choose among their option list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back