2018 Kawasaki Ultra LX PWC FF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dropped the factory fill after 3 hours. From the look of the oil when I dropped it, there was a very high metallic shimmer. I always drop the FF within the for 100 miles on my cars/motorcycles. This is my first PWC and the manual advises change the oil at 10 hours. I changed at 3 hours with Kawasaki JET SKI 10w-40 oil for the next 5 hours. I'll keep posting all subsequent oil reports.

Disregard. I've sat here for an hour trying to get all kinds of files PDF, Word, png to upload the oil analysis. If you want the file, just PM me.

Originally Posted By: Kozman011
Disregard. I've sat here for an hour trying to get all kinds of files PDF, Word, png to upload the oil analysis. If you want the file, just PM me.

Just photograph the sheet and load it as a photo.
smile.gif

I tried to uploading a jpg using both choices here. The "enter an image" button and "Upload inline image". No deal. I apologize. Too advanced for this old guy. I'll just type it out. There has to be a better way!

This is the same motor that Kawasaki uses in the ZX-14R motorcycle. I believe in the Concours 14 as well. Loved it in my 2013 Concours.

Aluminum 9
Chromium 0
Iron 6
Copper 8
Lead 2
Tin 0
Moly 93
Nickel 1
Manganese 1
Silver 0
Titanium 1
Potassium 0
Boron 5
Silicon 19
Sodium 3
Calcium 1987
Magnesium 10
Phosphorus 784
Zinc 845
Barium 0

SUS Viscosity @ 210F 71.7
cSt Viscosity @ 100C 13.40
Flashpoint F 400
Fuel % Antifreeze % 0.0
Water % 0.0
Insolubles % 0.1

Last edited:
Did you happen to cut open the filter? My boss just bought the exact same model to complement his older 2014 Ultra LX. I changed the oil and filter after 5 hours of break in and was surprised at the amount of metal that it caught.

Most of the pleats had some sort of metal particles in them. That was the biggest though.

machining flakes....why you dump the FF very quickly (5hrs or less) and a new filter !!!

Ti of 1 is interesting....new stoner ghost like silver used to be or hmmm?
otherwise looks really good for a new FF fill dump
nice starting point ... and thats just it ... you now have a starting point from brand new!

steve

No, I didn't tear into the oil filter. I knew what was going to be in there. Below is the second oil change that I performed at 12 hours. SO the first set of numbers is the initial break in change at 3 hours and the second set of numbers is the change at 12 hours (9 hours on oil). Same oil. Kawasaki Watercraft 10w-40.

Aluminum 9 / 4
Chromium 0 / 0
Iron 6 / 3
Copper 8 / 3
Lead 2 / 0
Tin 0 / 1
Moly 93 / 51
Nickel 1 / 0
Manganese 1 / 0
Silver 0 /0
Titanium 1 / 0
Potassium 0 / 0
Boron 5 / 89
Silicon 19 / 11
Sodium 3 / 3
Calcium 1987 / 1920
Magnesium 10 / 10
Phosphorus 784 / 796
Zinc 845 / 890
Barium 0 / 1

SUS Viscosity @ 210F 71.7 / 69.5
cSt Viscosity @ 100C 13.40 / 12.29
Flashpoint F 400 / 400
Fuel % Antifreeze % 0.0 / 0.0
Water % 0.0 / 0.0
Insolubles % 0.1 / TR

very nice 9hr uoa at the 12hr mark
almost all dropped
extremely odd that boron went up that much with the same fill oil
and is tin and barium both just ghosts?
susvis and flash both nice for a pwc

you can probably find a cheaper 10w40 in just about any brand

I apologize Sunruh. Wanted to reply to your post and simply forgot. While my search for bigger, better, faster oils always goes on, I think I might be good using the Kawasaki Jet Ski 10w-40 oil. IT's 5.95 a quart at the dealer and I get an additional 10% off for being one of their customers. I'm good with 5 and some change per quart. I'm limiting myself, for simple warranty purposes, to oils that are FC-W certified as that's what the manual calls for. Just for giggles, in the near future, I might give the Mystik Watercraft 10w-40 a go just to compare it to the Kawasaki oil. Thanks for your input, it's always appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back