3. Aston Martin Red Bull Racing, 189
4. Renault Sport F1, 62
5. Haas, 49
6. McLaren Renault, 44
7. Force India, 42
8. Toro Rosso, 19
9. Alfa Romeo Sauber, 16
10. Williams Martini Racing, 4

For more, including track data, analysis, and video please check out my full post on TOV Motorsports.

cee5a0ebd44d8f020c7b4d35b6fdae9f.jpg

Looks like Red Bull is the only team who can use the new DRS zone through turns 1 & 2. That's what caught GRO out and almost MAG. Says a lot about how good Red Bull's chassis is.

Grosjean is getting expensive to keep. A new chassis does not grow on trees. K. Mag has outperformed him this year, except for last weekend. So he is pushing harder, but also making more mistakes. He outperformed GUT in past years, so it seems that this year K.Mag is performing well and forcing GRO to drive harder. It will be interesting if GRO can temper his mistakes and be faster than the other half of the Haas garage. And to see what the Haas 2019 driver lineup will be.

Originally Posted By: gofast182
Looks like Red Bull is the only team who can use the new DRS zone through turns 1 & 2.

What are the British betting odds on Max binning it in Q1? I don't doubt he'll try the DRS during qualification, and try to push as hard as he can, if not harder than he should.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Garak
Originally Posted By: gofast182
Looks like Red Bull is the only team who can use the new DRS zone through turns 1 & 2.

What are the British betting odds on Max binning it in Q1? I don't doubt he'll try the DRS during qualification, and try to push as hard as he can, if not harder than he should.
wink.gif

I think he'll still have his tail between his legs and be a good boy. Crashstappen.com needs updating though.

On another note, Hartley can't catch a break!

Good grief. I'm the one that needs updating. Our TSN didn't show P2 live, because they have five channels and inexplicably needed all five to show Wimbledon and World Cup.

I had been paying attention to the live ticker for P3, though. I think Hartley is in the running in the top 3 of the current most unlucky drivers in F1.

Here's the other bet of the weekend. If Alonso finds himself out of points running, is he again going to manufacture an excuse to retire, or will he miscalculate race distance and be classified anyhow?
wink.gif
No power, something's wrong with the suspension, my feet hurt.

I'm having trouble getting the coverage due to Wimbledon as well. I get ESPN via Sling and I can't find Qualifying live on any of the three ESPN feeds. I suppose I'll have to wait for the delayed recording on ESPN3. I do hope Liberty gets this straightened up next year. Of course, I should be careful what I pray for - they will almost surely find a way to charge more for whatever their "improved" broadcast turns out to be.

Amazing upright failure - dang!

So, ESPN messed up, too? We did have the delayed broadcast, but it wasn't convenient for me, and TSN labelled it as FP3, which is clearly wrong, because that was in the future, even during the rebroadcast.

newb46: There are some funny YouTube vids of Kimi trolling Natalie.

So, ESPN messed up, too? We did have the delayed broadcast, but it wasn't convenient for me, and TSN labelled it as FP3, which is clearly wrong, because that was in the future, even during the rebroadcast.

newb46: There are some funny YouTube vids of Kimi trolling Natalie.

All I know is I set my Rogers PVR for the pre-quali, quali, and post-quali but they all turned out to be some other TSN sports coverage. Thank god for bit torrent.

Was it Natalie that he trolled or Rachel?

He trolled Natalie pretty bad once in a rally car, with him as the co-pilot. He also barked pretty hard at her once when she requested he remove his sunglasses for an interview. He might have trolled Rachel, too, but I haven't come across such videos.

One thing about Kimi is that if a reporter makes a stupid request or asks a stupid question, he makes sure they look very foolish immediately.

By the way, I have Bell, and it legitimately showed what was on, that there was no practice, so there was no error in the program guide in that respect. Qualification was on where and when it was expected. The real problems were them not showing P2 live, and how they called the P2 delayed broadcast P3.

Ugh. Mr paranoid is back. Hamilton basically accused Ferrari of deliberately trying to take him out. If he hadn't fluffed the start he wouldn't have been in that situation. I reckon he needs a good slap.

Last edited:
Hamilton acted like an A-Hole, walking away after the race before being interviewed. Very unsportsman like. Especially in front of his home fans. From the looks of the replay it was more of a racing incident, than anything deliberate on Raikkonen's part.

His front wheels locked up. Which he did not do on purpose. This caused his car go straight. Hamilton then turned into him. Under the circumstances I don't see how the outcome could have been different. Kimi would not have risked a deliberate hit like that because it could have taken them both out. Personally I don't think any penalty should have been applied. It was a racing incident. In spite of that, Kimi took responsibility like a man. There was certainly no reason for Hamilton to act the way he did. Then again, what else is new?

Yes, whiny childish attitude by Hamilton today. He's at his home grand prix and snubs Martin Brundle to walk to the back. There's a very good probability he wouldn't have one the race anyhow, given his flubbed start, as was already pointed out. What happened didn't help Kimi out, either, but he wasn't all freaked out. And yes, the penalty was a little much.

Look at the footage. Hamilton could have very easily been speared by a Haas. It could have been a lot worse for him than second place. It could have been the second DNF in a row.

Originally Posted By: billt460
There was certainly no reason for Hamilton to act the way he did. Then again, what else is new?

The guy is a petulant little child who happens to be a fairly good driver in one of the fastest cars in the field. That was almost as good as 2016 when he accused his team of sabotaging his car to give Rosberg the title.

That seems to be his SOP. While he's often quite humble when he makes a mistake himself, heaven help anyone else who makes a mistake. No one else makes mistakes; they're all conspiring against him. Had the Haas speared him, that would have been more evidence of a Ferrari conspiracy against him.

Had the Haas speared him, that would have

.. spared us all being exposed to his petulant whining in the post race press conference and interviews (the ones he turned up for anyway).

It's honestly reached the point I'd rather see Crashstappen pick up a championship over Hamilton, and I make no secret of the fact I can't really stand Verstappen either.

If nothing else, it's making for a more interesting championship and sorting the men from the cry-babies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back