Watch for running/swimming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking to replace apple wach with something more accurate and longer lasting (and waterproof). What can you guys recommend within 300$ range? Main purpose is running, swimming and occasional gym. Thanks guys

I have a Asus zen watch but wouldn't a fitbit be something that would work for your purpose?

Or a Garmin?

They probably would. But the problem is that garmin has soool many differnet models. I will probably end up spending week reading reviews...and i really don’t want to..

A G-shock with the atomic feature that sets itself. $85-$150. Super durable. Hard to be more accurate, than a watch that sets itself to the second every night and is always accurate down to the second.

main features I am after are heart rate monitoring (wrist based not chest wrap), GPS capability, waterproof and good battery life. Aplle watch 3 would check all of it with the exception of battery life (correct me if I'm wrong). Are there better alternatives to apple watch really?

Family member's Garmin is a revised model number where features were consolidated and greatly improved over the previous model numbers.
All that means is that she did real well with her tracking, GPS exercise watch. The next higher "feature package" included heart rate monitoring.
The reviews we read mentioned that the reader on the watch's bottom side wasn't perfected yet and that chest strap-ons were the way to go.
That was a while back.

We plowed through all the reviews ('twas a chore) and wouldn't look forward to doing it again.

My Ionic is semi-smart: it has excellent heart rate monitoring, OK sleep monitoring, and receives texts and notifications from my iPhone.

Here is my battery usage, which I just started tracking after what appears to have been a fluke situation, in which the battery drained quicker than normal (haven't experienced before or since...)

6/16/18, 1155 (0-100%)
6/20, 1730 (14-100)
6/25, 0920 (13-96)
6/29, 2345, 13%
6/30, 0866, 99
7/3, 1446, 42
7/3, 1650, 100
7/6, 1147, 53
7/6, 1249, 97

The first three data point were in my initial format; the time listed is when I took the Ionic off of the charger. I changed the format on 6/29, because sometimes I leave the Ionic on the charger overnight or for more than just the time needed to fully charge, which skews the time on charge info, which the only really important data point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back