Redline MTL (Virgin) Sampled 6/24/2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Public service posting.

I've used this in the past in a number of different cars, using it in the 2018 Civic Si now and it seems to shift a bit better than the Honda MTF.

Enjoy

Viscosity is quite high compared to Honda OEM flyid which is in 7cst range i believe. Amsoil MTF, that i’m running in my 17hatchback, is around 9cst and doing a great job as well. Greatly improved 1-2 shift and reverse. Thanks for posting and enjoy your Civic!

parshisa - yes, I remember seeing a Honda MTF VOA at around 7ish cst.

I'll probably sample (the RL MTL) after a year to see how it's holding up and how far it can be reasonably pushed.

On a separate topic, I'm keeping a watch on how your Honda is doing as well. I'm running Redline 5W-30 this interval to see how it compares to the M! 0-20 sample I pulled earlier. More on that in a couple months.

Last edited:
I still have concerns over their Foam Inhibitor levels.

It's just me but I would not use more than 15 ppm in a gear oil formulation.

Last edited:
It's been a while since I ran a UOA that tested for that 'marker' on a Red Line fluid, but I used to see numbers twice that high on their engine oils. Are the engine oils lower now?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bulwnkl
It's been a while since I ran a UOA that tested for that 'marker' on a Red Line fluid, but I used to see numbers twice that high on their engine oils. Are the engine oils lower now?

All of the “street” Red Line motor oil VOAs I’ve seen in recent times had oxidation values of between around 90 and 110. That excludes the HDEOs, low SAPS, and race oils.

Whoa! They used to run 150 - 160 on street engine oils (I still have some older analyses of the 10W30 and 5W20).

I found an old link with both Amsoil MTF and Redline MTL - https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/1647529/Searchpage/7/Main/118029/Words/redline/Search/true/VOA's:_Amsoil_MTF_&_Re#Post1647529

It seems the Redline formulation has changed quite a bit...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back