Biomedical Equipment Tech opening...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opening for a biomedical equipment technician (BMET) position with GE Healthcare. We repair, test, calibrate and perform scheduled preventative maintenance (PM) on various equipment within a hospital setting. Associates degree in electronics.... or prior experience in electrical / mechanical maintenance and repair.

Training is in Milwaukee, WI and then back to Florida for permanent full-time position.

Job # 3044353

Tampa - St Pete region

http://www3.gehealthcare.com/en

Biomedical Tech 1 for greater Jacksonville, FL

Job # 3135786

Just posted internally today, will be on GE website next week.

CT field service engineer for Dade and Broward counties (greater Ft Lauderdale and Miami). Job posted internally today, will be on GE website soon.

Job # 3139402

When do I start?
smile.gif

Field service engineer for Maquet Servo-I , Respironics V60 , Medtronic / Puritan Bennett 840 and 980 ventilators covering Broward and Palm Beach counties.

Job posted internally today, will be on website next week.

Job # 3130656

If you ever get these in the STL area, I know a guy who was a former server Field Tech who is looking. Should be a quick and easy train up, I'd imagine.

Originally Posted By: javacontour
If you ever get these in the STL area, I know a guy who was a former server Field Tech who is looking. Should be a quick and easy train up, I'd imagine.

Java,

Per Mr.Nice's posts, some training is in Milwaukee, WI.
Maybe start from there?
I'm not sure who has the hospitals serviced in your area...

I just thought he might have an inside and gets a referral.

The guy I know isn't in a bad place. I think he's enjoying his unplanned time off, for now. I think he's down in Branson right now, FWIW.

But in the next few weeks, I know he's going to want to search, so if I can do a solid for two people, job for one and some referral cash for the other, I'm trying to help.

I have no contacts in the STL area but I can look on employee careers internal HR page for more info.

Any reason why not to stay in IT ?

All the folks working in IT at profit / nonprofit hospitals start out making more $$$ than biomed to be honest.... especially if he has lots of IT experience.

Biomed is exactly like 68A MOS in the Army, we do have a bunch of 68A folks in our region, working at hospitals, doing field service working on GE equipment and doing mulit vendor service (non GE equipment).

He came from StorageTek, and tape is a dying technology. I think IT has left a bad taste in his mouth, so he's looking to do something different.

If he has to learn something new, he wants to enjoy it, maybe feel like it has real meaning.

Less virtual, more tangible as far as I can tell.

Lots of good qualified folks in STL from downsized industries. Maybe you would like 38 years of experience in Customer Service, managing a territory of 4 million dollars worth of high speed laser printing and front end RIP, print servers, laser technology, and software controlled mechanical and pneumatic devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back