A-1 Cardone or ACDelco?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a 95 Ford F350 and the driver side front window motor is no good. Would go Motorcraft but its a little pricey and need to get the truck going. What is preferred for window motors? Rebuilt A-1 Cardone or brand new ACDelco? Price is similar.

I would just buy the cheapest no-name one off eBay. Done it twice so far, and so far so good.

Having said that, if you are handy sometimes you can do things to the motor like replace the brushes, etc.

Please spend the extra and buy Motorcraft, look for NOS or new on ebay too, sometimes you luck out and get a super deal.
Never buy Cardone anything, I have gone through more junk than I care to think about from them over the years.
Its the labor to keep changing bad parts that breaks the camels back.

4 defective wiper motors in a row all failed within days, new Motorcraft worked perfectly the first time and is still working in that car. Delco is hit and miss, they were good at one time but today its a real carp shoot, not as bad as Cardone or Atsco and others but not good either.

ACdelco is an OEM for GM. So that should be better than A1.

I usually check to see if the pictures for the item are the same. If they are then they are likely the same part.

There is a Ford Motorcraft motor that I found earlier on Rockauto for only $18 more than the ACDelco - the only rub is there isn't any pictures (description matches though) but its sold without a core charge and it's labeled High Level Service Design; Kit.

A quick internet search found a recent post on another forum that means its a lower tier Motorcraft part designed for older vehicles that don't need to last as long and therefore isn't OEM quality.

I think I will go with that as its $55 shipped and a rebuilt Motorcraft part is close to $100 shipped and should be better than the normal aftermarket stuff.

Service grade new is decent, they still have to meet all Motorcraft test and QC and be suitable for dealer service use on older vehicles.

Don’t buy cheap and have it die in the lowered position just before a good rain.

I’d go to a junkyard before A1 Cardone personally.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Trav
Service grade new is decent, they still have to meet all Motorcraft test and QC and be suitable for dealer service use on older vehicles.

Thanks for the explanation. The original lasted 23 years and 335k miles, so I want something that will last but doesn't have to be another 335k miles.

Avoid Cardon’t/A1 Car-be-done.

ACDelco is likely to be a reboxed part. If at all possible, buy the Motorcraft.

I'll say it this way, I'd have a hard time trusting a parts company that was named "A1 Car done". It just seems like the cheapest, most panderous jobber [censored] brand available.

Originally Posted By: PeterPolyol
I'll say it this way, I'd have a hard time trusting a parts company that was named "A1 Car done". It just seems like the cheapest, most panderous jobber [censored] brand available.

That and Dorman, what a stupid name. Both of them suck!

If you buy AC Delco...if it is an "Advantage" part...it is China made likely...and quality is....well...... As much work as a window motor does and the PITA it is to change (or have it fail) I would go OE.

Many OE parts for GM, Ford, VW, BMW, on and on are made in China. Buy a new OE from the dealer front engine mount for a 3.8 W body made in the USA. You wont find one, not even NOS.

It seems that AC Delco, Motorcraft, and Mopar all have a second tier "value line" to compete with aftermarket. Aren't all of these second tier products just reboxed Chinese products? Are you relying on the mfg. brand name to hope that it is "better" Chinese components vs. used-to-be-good MOOG, TRW, etc.?

Thanks.

Originally Posted By: doitmyself

It seems that AC Delco, Motorcraft, and Mopar all have a second tier "value line" to compete with aftermarket. Aren't all of these second tier products just reboxed Chinese products? Are you relying on the mfg. brand name to hope that it is "better" Chinese components vs. used-to-be-good MOOG, TRW, etc.?

Thanks.

Not at all, take Sanden Behr (Hella is involved somewhere in this venture also) for example, they opened a complete manufacturing facility in China, the manufacture a good product beginning to end there.
Sanden makes OE but these replacement service grade components are very good, not just reboxed stuff from some unknown to us manufacturer.

A lot of companies are doing this so while they could be called second tier, they are a bit higher on the food chain than that.
these are not junk parts.

https://www.hella.com/hella-us/en/Press-...p;project=press

https://www.automotiveworld.com/news-rel...ctric-vehicles/

https://www.just-auto.com/news/behr-forms-second-jv-in-china_id68930.aspx

I ended up getting the new Motorcraft that is the lower tier. If I remember I'll post whether it's a reboxed part or from a dedicated supplier to Ford.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back