2016 FLTRU Amsoil MCV 20W50, 4810 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wear numbers are still doing really well. I am starting to wonder about the Moly and Boron. Does anyone have a recent VOA on the Amsoil MCV 20W50? I may get one done or call the lab and see how recent there data info is on oil.
Any thoughts on this?

You just don't see Iron levels that good in most motorcycles
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
You just don't see Iron levels that good in most motorcycles
thumbsup2.gif

I think it's a keeper.

Originally Posted By: alarmguy
Looks good to me .. cant ask for more from a UOA. Sometimes hard to compare between different labs ... I think anyway.

I agree. I have never used another lab before.

Any thoughts on the moly? Been reading, it can also come from piston rings.

It looks like OCi 5 through 8 are Amsoil, me personally?

I dont see anything wrong with the Moly, its commonly used in motor oil, in fact, in oil its almost as common as the oil itself, same goes for Boron another common additive...
Moly? ... me personally I would not even give it a thought, however you are thinking about it then the only way is to knowingly purchase 100% moly free oil and run it for more then a few OCIs ...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: alarmguy
It looks like OCi 5 through 8 are Amsoil, me personally?

I dont see anything wrong with the Moly, its commonly used in motor oil, in fact, in oil its almost as common as the oil itself, same goes for Boron another common additive...
Moly? ... me personally I would not even give it a thought, however you are thinking about it then the only way is to knowingly purchase 100% moly free oil and run it for more then a few OCIs ...

Ok, thanks.
cool.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back