Yamaha/Denso 5GH-13440-60 4K miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Came off a Yamaha motorcyle CP3 motor with 12k on the clock. 4,000 miles on the filter. Oil = Motul 7100 10w-40. Enjoy

Last edited:
They are always great I like the Thailand made model, not sure about the Chinese made filters. Put that Yamaha name on them and pay 3 or 4 times as much as Denso.

ADBV may be special for Yamaha. I wish all makers would have the pleats so deep and not have their giant center tubes. Nice round holes, no closed louvers to check for. Nice to see something not so common.

ADBV looks to be silicone. Denso filters for automotive applications typically have a nitrile ADBV.

ZeeOSix, yes what I think about the Chinese version. I think most of the Thailand filters used silicone.

Anyone know the bypass valve releif pressure of this filter?

Trying to compare to a Purolator boss PBL14612 or Fram Ultra XG7317

Thanks

Originally Posted By: dbeau
Anyone know the bypass valve releif pressure of this filter?

Trying to compare to a Purolator boss PBL14612 or Fram Ultra XG7317

Thanks

From my research the XG7317 has the same bypass setting as the M/C filter version from Fram that crosses to the Yamaha filter. Go to Fram's wesite and do some cross checking and you'll see.

The 7317 is about 3/4 inch longer, but they also have a short version which is the same size as the Yamaha filter. Make sure you have room for a longer filter.

Thank you for the pics. My 2018 Yamaha F90XB outboard came with a 5GH-13440-70. Will probably open it up this fall when I change oil before winter storage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back