Got around to waxing the Accord today

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, HAPPY 4TH. I am proud to be an American!

I spent this morning washing and waxing my Accord. Since moving in to my new house almost a year ago, I haven't got around to giving it a true wax. I always use a spray wax after every wash, but of course longevity is compromised doing that. I used Meguiars Ultimate Liquid Wax and it sure looks sharp!

Originally Posted By: Warstud
Shoulda used NuFinish....lasts twice as long in the Florida heat.

I only use it sparingly, typically once a year. My Honda has single stage paint, so anything with abrasives (Yes, NuFinish has them, it's a polish) does take paint off. I am a fan of NuFinish though, it's a good product.

Originally Posted By: Pajero
Nice! I'm seriously considering a Honda for my next vehicle.

Respectfully,

Pajero!

If you are looking at new ones, avoid the 1.5T until they get the issues worked out. Lots of fuel dilution problems at this point. There has already been a reported engine failure due to extremely high levels of fuel dilution. Honda dropped the ball on this one, and thats coming from a Honda fan boy.

Nice work! I recently washed, clayed and applied two coats of DG #111 to the white sled. I don't think I've even washed it in 2018 and can't remember the last time I applied #111. She was definitely due. I should take some photos and post.

Happy 4th!

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
I'd take the front license bracket off unless they drilled holes to mount it.

He's proudly displaying the Honda logo in case you missed the one on the grill....
wink.gif

If the bumper cover is drilled you could probably get a couple of those push in plugs and paint them white.

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
Originally Posted By: skyactiv
I'd take the front license bracket off unless they drilled holes to mount it.

He's proudly displaying the Honda logo in case you missed the one on the grill....
wink.gif

If the bumper cover is drilled you could probably get a couple of those push in plugs and paint them white.

I agree with skyactiv: an additional “H” looks really tacky. Reminds me of those windshield brows that list the make or model of the car! My wife rolls her eyes every time we drive by a car with one of these labels, because I roll down my window, point, and yell it out:

“THAT’S A HONDA!!!” or, “CHEVROLET!!!”

Originally Posted By: gregk24

I only use it sparingly, typically once a year. My Honda has single stage paint, so anything with abrasives (Yes, NuFinish has them, it's a polish) does take paint off. I am a fan of NuFinish though, it's a good product.

Greg,
Looks really good! Just so you know, NF does not remove paint at all and is not abrasive(Liquid version). This truck is 22 years old and has had over 40 coats of NF in the time(2 per year) and the paint is like new. If it was going to damage paint it would have done so years ago:
9EW6si0.jpg

azFFe40.jpg

Should have went with the NF. Here it is on my Accord which now has 14 total coats now and paint is close to mint:
3EImPA9.jpg

XvQ9gIs.jpg

Last edited:
Looks really nice.
I may need to get busy on my '12 Taffeta White Accord as well.

Remember the funny post someone stated about a "moral obligation" to warn others how bad NuFinish is?

Those (NuFinish) vehicles look great!

Originally Posted By: Chris B.

Greg,
Looks really good! Just so you know, NF does not remove paint at all and is not abrasive(Liquid version). This truck is 22 years old and has had over 40 coats of NF in the time(2 per year) and the paint is like new. If it was going to damage paint it would have done so years ago:
9EW6si0.jpg

azFFe40.jpg

Should have went with the NF. Here it is on my Accord which now has 14 total coats now and paint is close to mint:
3EImPA9.jpg

XvQ9gIs.jpg

It does in fact have fine Abrams iced in it, NuFinish will tell you that. I get color transfer from my paint every time I use it. Taffeta White is very thin so I use it, and other polishes sparingly. A base coat / clear coat paint job like one of you lr cars has will not show color transfer.

First of all, HAPPY 4TH. I am proud to be an American!

I spent this morning washing and waxing my Accord. Since moving in to my new house almost a year ago, I haven't got around to giving it a true wax. I always use a spray wax after every wash, but of course longevity is compromised doing that. I used Meguiars Ultimate Liquid Wax and it sure looks sharp!

Outstanding - nice work and results!

Love the great shine on your Accord. Glad to hear you didn't risk using the orange bottle stuff on such a nice car.

We have the same shiny look on our pearl white SUV, as well the wife's charcoal Accord. You'll see Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid will hold up very well to the heat (we get plenty of that here too), and provide amazing protection for months. We enjoy watching the water bead and roll right off our SUV from using Meguiar's.

In between your nice full treatments...using a good quality detailing product like Meguiar's Quick detailer spray or Chemical Guys Hybrid V07 spray will keep it looking just like you now have it. Both those products are easy to apply after a good washing, and add shine and UV protection as well.

Congrats on a job well done.

Good job and I'd save the Nufinish for the Jetta since it has a clear coat and is gray from what I remember.

It's labeled "Polish" because that was a popular term when it was brought to market. Duragloss also has some items labeled Polish that are non abrasive.

Q.- How is it that Nu Finish is neither a car polish or car wax?

A.- For a product to be correctly labeled as a polish, it requires some form of abrasives as part of the ingredient list. For a product to be correctly labeled as a car wax, it must have some form of natural wax ingredient; Nu Finish car polish has neither abrasives or wax. Nu Finish should be labeled as a car paint sealant or sealer, as it is made using 100% synthetic ingredients.

The Accord looks great!

Originally Posted By: Chris B.

Greg,
9EW6si0.jpg

azFFe40.jpg

3EImPA9.jpg

XvQ9gIs.jpg

It does in fact have fine Abrams iced in it, NuFinish will tell you that. I get color transfer from my paint every time I use it. Taffeta White is very thin so I use it, and other polishes sparingly. A base coat / clear coat paint job like one of you lr cars has will not show color transfer.

Wow! You have color transfer? That is crazy! I have done a ton of cars including white Accords and never had paint transfer no matter the "wax" I used. Id be concerned you have paint that is far to soft. Regardless you Accord looks really nice! I'm happy with the durability of my gray paint on my Accord. Almost no chips or spiderwebs in 7 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back