Engineered Fuel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone messed with engineered fuels?

I picked up 2QTS added one of the QTS to 2.5 gallon can so far my mower doesn't mind it.

paying 2.89.9 is bad enough. 24 something a gallon is just to cut the lawn. Yesterday, I bought 4 gallons for less than what you paid for 2 qts. I bought a qt out of curiosity. I'm keeping the can, but the stuff in it was nothing special.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mx5miata
Has anyone messed with engineered fuels?

I picked up 2QTS added one of the QTS to 2.5 gallon can so far my mower doesn't mind it.

Just for Stihl chainsaw … only use it 3 or 4 times a year and decided to give the corn free and synthetic oil blend a try …

I use it on machines that I'm going to store. Works great and they always start on the first pull after storing for long periods.

For the last few years, I’ve purchased the 2-stroke quarts from Home Depot. Maybe 3 or 4 quarts over the course of a year. Since I started this, zero problems and the OPE starts within the first few pulls.

For lawnmower or snow blower, I just fill a 2.5 gallon can with 93 octane and treat with Stabil and a dose of Berryman B12. I go thru this batch more quickly so E10 doesn’t have a chance to mess me up (can’t get E free anywhere around here)

Not crazy about the cost of the quarts from Home Depot, but better than messing with carbs IMO

I buy Vpracing 4stroke SEF 5gallon pail for 63 bucks blend all my 2stroke with it and use it as shutdown storage fuel in 4stroke.

I bought the premixed 2 cycle fuel can once, mostly to get the can itself.

I don't use much 2 cycle fuel, so a quart of it lasts me long enough. It also has a big 40:1 ratio written on it, which is what both my small engines require, so I remember the ratio. I can then refill and mix.

It would be pretty costly to only use engineered fuel.

Yeah I'm going to keep the 2nd QT for the fall when the mower goes away for the winter. I'll run it through the carburetor straight. I like the fact it can be used as a stabil for seasonal storage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back