The Sicilian

Status
Not open for further replies.
My current favorite sandwich. Chicken cutlet with ricotta, prosciutto, fresh mozzarella, cherry peppers and arugula.

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
Inconceivable!

grin.gif
lol.gif
grin2.gif
grin.gif
lol.gif

289756.59666104.630x354o.26c29f06bf3e.jpeg

I visit Sicily. (Provencia de Catania) I'm one of the few people who can still speak Sicilian. ( only spoken by the very old in Sicily or the children of Sicilians who emegrated to other countries 60, 70, 80 years ago) and I've never seen a sandwich like that.

Originally Posted By: Kira
Yo, buster, Is this a homemade sandwich or something available somewhere in New Jersey?
Hopefully northern New Jersey.

Sothern NJ about 15 minutes outside of Philly.

He's a real Italian that has worked as a chef and owned his own restaurants over the years. He's been in town for about 2 years now. He's the real deal. As far as going to Sicily and finding this sandwich, good luck. It's his own creation.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Linctex
Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
Inconceivable!

grin.gif
lol.gif
grin2.gif
grin.gif
lol.gif

289756.59666104.630x354o.26c29f06bf3e.jpeg

I was wondering if someone would pick up on the nod

That looks good. I currently have leftover:

ricotta (waffles + fruit, toast)
chicken and charcoal (1 tsp sugar, 1 tsp salt to 2 cups water)
greens from farmer's market (bitter, mixed)

coupons

Some guy talked me into buying this salad dressing yesterday. It's actually pretty good. Like a tomato vinaigrette?
I think I'd rather go with pesto and make it a green sandwich because of the bread (picked out olive ciabatta).

Hey Buster, wrap 2 of them babies up and ship them to the cornfields of IL. I will wrap some brisket (see me thread) and ship it to you.

Originally Posted By: ctrcbob
I visit Sicily. (Provencia de Catania) I'm one of the few people who can still speak Sicilian. ( only spoken by the very old in Sicily or the children of Sicilians who emegrated to other countries 60, 70, 80 years ago) and I've never seen a sandwich like that.

I don't think that sandwich originated in Sicily. The chef created it and probably just gave it that name. Buon appetito!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back