Mowing Lawns Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can always call the police if he accidentally mows too much of yours.

My father got a zero turn a while back and offered to mow the neighbors lawn, he as enjoying so much.

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts

My father got a zero turn a while back and offered to mow the neighbors lawn, he as enjoying so much.

lol

I know a guy about 75 that got a Hustler ZT and he begs people to mow their lawns for free.
Just loves it- that's cool!

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts

LOL, I saw that video on youtube too.

I try to help my neighbors when I can, there are wayyyy to many neighbor horror stories. Gotta keep those lines of communication open, else they just start calling the cops for simple infractions like cutting their grass.

My dad (RIP) was very proud of his U.S. citizenship and was not a religious person. He thought it was preposterous that anyone would mow lawns on Sunday or any holiday. He would go ballistic about it. He could not accept that some people only have the weekends to do home maintenance nor that some people do outdoor work for enjoyment and relaxation.

Your neighbor was obviously sensitive about mowing on a holiday and it was extremely courteous of him to communicate with you beforehand. That is a neighbor you should appreciate and I bet he would be tickled pink if you told him that you appreciate his concern. It works both ways. To answer your question, I would not mind, especially after a phone call like that.

Have a great Fourth of July.

My lawn guy at my old house mowed some of my neighor's lawn. The neighbor came over to complain to me about it and offered to take care of strip between his lawn and my driveway. My neighbor was a little strange. He would even fertilize my strip of lawn and half my backyard. So, half my backyard was green and lush and half was just meh. Sometimes I'd catch him in his backyard sneaking a beer and a smoke. And I mean sneaking. The cig was hidden in his hand and the beer was behind the big tree. Guess he was trying to set a good example for his kids of not smoking or drinking.

That's mighty neighborly of him to ask you if you mind if he mows.

If you know of any blade-stopping obstacles, phone him back or show him where they are.
Maybe they're in your subconscious when you do lawn care, but he'll hit them.

Whenever mowing a lawn never traveled on prior, always check for tree roots protruding out of the ground. Those roots will make a bend in your lawn blade..... been there / done that.... ouch!

Polite neighbor. I don't understand folks that get all mad when people are mowing on holidays or Sunday. Its America. I will mow on any day of they year, to include Christmas or Easter, if my lawn needs it and I feel like it.

One of our Neighbours is drunk at 9am, and shooting off firecrackers.

I'm out to volunteer serving food at a homeless shelter, so unless the other people around here call the cops they'll have to wait for Bubba to pass out.

I live in a neighborhood that are mostly recreational properties and many of the owners only show up occasionally, including one next door neighbor. Unfortunately, in the spring he has dandelions and if it looks like they are going to head out, I will go over and walk my mover over the sections that are the worst. Apparently someone is going over and spraying a bit of 2-4 D occasionally but I can not confirm it.
smile.gif
He's a good neighbor otherwise so I don't mind.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Zee09
My neighbor called just now and asked me if I minded him mowing his lawn today since
it borders mine. I said I don't care. Would you? ( Starting at 10AM)

I would have told him I don't mind a bit as long as he doesn't mind your rowdy super duper kill em dead fireworks party from 7pm to ?am tonight with 100 of your closest rowdy friends there....lol

All joking aside you have a rare neighbor. I honestly never knew anyone to get offended from mowing on a holiday, but I see his point.

I remember one 4th of July I took the day to do a clutch job on my old ranger. A lot of times it is used as a catch up day for me, though I always remember why its a holiday.

Originally Posted By: 123Saab

One of our Neighbours is drunk at 9am, and shooting off firecrackers.

I'm out to volunteer serving food at a homeless shelter, so unless the other people around here call the cops they'll have to wait for Bubba to pass out.

I hate neighbors like that. We had neighbors where I grew up that always had a huge gathering for the 4th. It went on well into the next day and it was a bunch of rowdy drunks.

The only good part was watching their fireworks display, it was always the biggest in the neighborhood, and the most dangerous.

I mowed my lawn last week at 10:30pm!

Got a new 40V Ryobi battery mower, it's got headlights too. Sounds like a big box fan, it's really quiet.

Too hot to mow during the day.

I wish my one neighbor would actually mow his in a timely matter. His house is beside my grandmothers who lives beside me. He'll mow once every three weeks or so, and when he does the grass clumps are everywhere! Him and the other neighbor had a land dispute and the other neighbor had a land survey done. He left the stakes and string up, but nobody seems to weed-eat around it so it looks like a jungle between those houses. Now the "bad neighbor" has always claimed part of his property went all the way into my grandmothers house! He's an odd bird. Every week I'll mow a foot or so over into his side just to aggravate him. By the end of summer I'm pretty much right up against his house
lol.gif

Me and my neighbor mow the entire strip between our houses when we mow. Whoever gets to it first kind of thing. Just sort of an unspoken agreement after being good neighbors for years. It takes a whopping 2-3 minutes more. Since I'm fancy, when I'm at it I use the edger and trimmer on his side.
It looks so silly to me when a neighbor has perfectly manicured landscape and right down the middle is a sharp contrast to 2foot tall grass with weeds and leaves. It takes away from your own landscaping. If I was in that situation I would ask my neighbor if he's having lawnmower issues, needs a hand, or whatever. Seems silly to refuse to step over the line by half an inch. What's even more silly is people who are offended if someone mows their lawn. I would gladly have people mow mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back