Porsche Luftfiltereinsatz

Status
Not open for further replies.
From our '17 Boxster S with ~10,000 miles.

Clever and tidy packaging to trot 350 horsepower from 2.5L but somewhat limited access.
OE (and replacement) filter manufactured by Wix-Filtron in Poland.
Charge air cooler sourced from Czechoslovakia with spark plugs from Japan. Its tires are French.

Surprisingly dirty filter given its relatively low mileage. Intake just ahead of rear wheel picks up a lot of debris.

Thanks for sharing. Parts from around the world. How many track days? Also love the color don’t see it often where I’m at.

b9739f34ca76...3586fd64eafd1a1

Looks alot better than the "high flow filter" I pulled out of a 13 cayman that another shop "hooked up"

Love the car, cant imagine working on it. I was frustrated ewnough getting oil cooler lines out from under the engine mount on my 1981 MB 240D, which is all mechanical and a mere 67hp, front engine.

How set up is it for other routine and not so routine maintenance?

Love the color!

You would expect that amount of dirt when the filter is more or less hanging out in the wind, great air flow to the engine though.
Czechoslovakia/Czech Republic were always the builders of good cars and high quality machining of parts, even under Communism Skoda managed to produce a decent quality product.

Given Skoda is now owned by VW group its no surprise some OE parts are coming from the Czech Republic. I was going to crack the joke the Poles probably stole the filter from Czech and are reselling them to Wix, They do make some really nice machinery in Poland that almost rivals the old Mauser and Dean Smith & Grace Machines.
Manufacturing quality of parts is high with good workmanship.

Gorgeous car, very glad to see another one being used to its capabilities.

Boxster engine maintenance starts as 'irritating' and progresses from there. Usually not too bad, well designed cars, but access is what it is.

Sweet car! I hear those boxers handle like they are on rails. I love a convertible. But when I take the top down on my SLK something comes over me and I have to go fast and pass everyone.

Thanks to all of you for your thoughtful comments, gentlemen!

I often think of it as my “roofless VW”...with a badge swap.
wink.gif

Paint is ‘Graphite Blue Metallic,’ code MG5/A7.

First HPDE at Willow Springs (in this car) but hopefully not the last.
Lady friend is shown cresting T5 with instructor Jack Olsen alongside…she knows how to get after it.

Kindly forgive my CZ faux pas…no disrespect intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back